1,393 results
All reviews star room great location dam square the cafe downstairs damrak street central station wet room quirky hotel the red light district three star vending machine fresh towels small room amsterdam centraal comfy bed few minutes walk hairdryer
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed her for two days over a weekend and I thought the quality/price ration was excellent. The location is perfect in the Old Town and just 10 minutes walk from the Central Station.

The rooms were small but clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have slept on in a long time! The first night, we stayed in a quirky room but were awoken at 9am by drilling as there were building works going on next door. They happily moved us to another room for the second night. This was in the more modern part of the hotel which was not so quirky but still stylish. Our room was all in white and was clean and comfortable. It was at the back of the hotel so very quiet although the windows were quite draughty.

I would recommend exploring the different floors of the hotel as there are some lovely little communal spaces. The cafe Stock downstairs is also very nice for breakfast or a snack and reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and overall I was very happy with my stay and would definitely go back.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hoel (although some have small windows overlooking the wall of adjacent building so not much light)
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

GREAT hotel with very friendly staff! The hotel is right down the road from the Central Train Statin and only a few blocks from the Red Light Distr. The hotel has its own cafe although we didn't eat here. Rooms are basic but CLEAN and the beds are AWESOME...not too hard not too soft! Our room faced the street so we had a birdseye view of all the happenings on the street BUT this was a little noisy at night so if you are a light sleeper try to ask for a room not on the front of the building.

Room tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel can be noisy!
Reviewed 28 November 2012

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotels makes the most of the space it has. It is a little cold but has some cool design features.
We paid more money for the premium room which had an interesting design. Something different from the norm, but nothing special.
We also had an issue with the bathroom where we found a foul spell when we checked in.. Like the pipes needed a good clean. We informed the staff on checking out, but I am not sure how much they cared.
Also found it strange that they had a connected cafe but didn't offer any breakfast included. For the price, I wold expect al least something basic.
I won't rush back to stay again.

Room tip: Not sure if its worth paying more for the upgrade.
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 25 November 2012

If your room is on the 2nd floor close to the staff area, be prepared that you will be awakened after 6am as the staff loudly chats and do not bother about weak noise insulation.

Reparation of the malfunctioning elevator door seems to be special favor (I have repaired this door for YOU)

Fire alarm on the another morning: apparently some error. Internet signal rather week for the in room wifi. Heating could be stronger in November.

Maybe I just wasnt lucky? Good concept and nice receptionists are not enough...All these factors above will however let me to pick another fancy hotel for my next stay in Amsterdam...

• Trip type: Travelled on business