1,370 results
All reviews star room dam square great location the cafe downstairs damrak street central station wet room the red light district quirky hotel three star vending machine fresh towels amsterdam centraal comfy bed rooms are small hairdryer luggage
Reviewed 29 November 2012

GREAT hotel with very friendly staff! The hotel is right down the road from the Central Train Statin and only a few blocks from the Red Light Distr. The hotel has its own cafe although we didn't eat here. Rooms are basic but CLEAN and the beds are AWESOME...not too hard not too soft! Our room faced the street so we had a birdseye view of all the happenings on the street BUT this was a little noisy at night so if you are a light sleeper try to ask for a room not on the front of the building.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel can be noisy!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotels makes the most of the space it has. It is a little cold but has some cool design features.
We paid more money for the premium room which had an interesting design. Something different from the norm, but nothing special.
We also had an issue with the bathroom where we found a foul spell when we checked in.. Like the pipes needed a good clean. We informed the staff on checking out, but I am not sure how much they cared.
Also found it strange that they had a connected cafe but didn't offer any breakfast included. For the price, I wold expect al least something basic.
I won't rush back to stay again.

Room Tip: Not sure if its worth paying more for the upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012

If your room is on the 2nd floor close to the staff area, be prepared that you will be awakened after 6am as the staff loudly chats and do not bother about weak noise insulation.

Reparation of the malfunctioning elevator door seems to be special favor (I have repaired this door for YOU)

Fire alarm on the another morning: apparently some error. Internet signal rather week for the in room wifi. Heating could be stronger in November.

Maybe I just wasnt lucky? Good concept and nice receptionists are not enough...All these factors above will however let me to pick another fancy hotel for my next stay in Amsterdam...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kasparainens
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This was a great experience, the room reminded me of dadaist Kurt Schwitter's Merzbau installation, all white and cold, not exactly comfy but an experience worth while. I would have liked to get a proper map of the layout of the hotel, since I learnt about the common lobbies in the old part of the building only after the check-out. I will have to explore those next time. There has to be a next time (in a different room though)!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business