“Excellent Fries”

Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 4
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Vleminckx the Sausmeester (sauce master) is located in Amsterdam since 1957. Vleminckx sells Belgium fries and is specialized in 25 types of sauces. For over 55 years the Sauce master stands for quality, sells home-made fries and that nowadays is unique. Many locals and tourist visit this spot in the city centre of Amsterdam. We are known for the many different sauces which can be chosen at the paper cornet Belgium fries.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived to a long line of people just a short time before closing but were happy to discover that they are very efficient behind the counter and soon we had two big portions of fries (we tried the cheese & onion toppings). The fries were done just as you would expect from a place with this kind of reputation. We stood on the street corner and enjoyed them for a long time.

2  Thank GolfBravo

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok, so I wrote this place down because it was highly recommended by nearly all the vlogs on Amsterdam. I must say, it was VERY tasty. Were they the best fries I ever had? Uh, no. There are many places in Amsterdam to get these kind of fries - and as a first timer, I would say that they were quite good! I would definitely go back for seconds!

2  Thank tee820
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sooo we may have accidentally visited three days in a row! The fries are so good, we walked out of our way each day to come back. First trip I had mayonnaise and my husband satay sauce. The satay sauce is incredible, so visit two I had that but my husband had oorlang mix (mayonnaise, satay sauce and onions). That was amazing too, who’d have though mayonnaise, satay and onions would be such a good combo! Visit three we both had oorlang mix. These fries are so good you MUST visit! (I’m actually not that into fries but these are amazing!)

1  Thank kimi5187
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good fries but just fries anyways. There is nothing special about it. I don't think they are very different from other fries places.

We ask for ketchup and mustard as a sauce, they put too much of the source that you cannot eat the ones that are at the end of the cone. I would suggest to have them without sauce to be able to eat all you have in your cone.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So yummy, bit of a line to wait but is totally worth it as they are so good. Good value as well. Definitely recommend

1  Thank Alanna G