Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from US$ 19.40
from US$ 31.80
from US$ 15.60
55,687 results
All reviews in advance hiding place humbling experience young girl frank family on line worth the wait actual house steep stairs piece of history online tickets visiting amsterdam time slot pre book long queue buy tickets own pace
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was very touching - somehow, although the rooms are empty of furniture, one really sensed the atmosphere of this confining home. It was a privilege to visit. We couldn't face the cafe at the end - somehow it didn't feel appropriate to have coffee and cake straight afterwards.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Highly recommend booking in advance if you don't want to wait around for hours in a line. The morning usually has reserved spots and the afternoon opens up to the general public for a couple hours. Definitely worth seeing!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Some things can't be experienced without a certain amount of expectation. I'd been told - more than once - to be prepared to be deeply moved by a visit to the Anne Frank House. That made me steel myself (everyone's different, right?) for the emotional onslaught. I may have over prepared.

When I visit a historical site, I'm hoping for a glimpse of what it was like for the humans who made it historical. I struggled with this in the Frank's hiding place. It's necessarily reinforced, enclosed, roped off, and shielded with sheets of plexiglas. All that protection didn't mean a connection was impossible, but it was difficult for me to feel it. Blame my lack of imagination, my over-preparedness, the press of the line to keep moving.

That changed in the room Anne shared with her sister, Margot. Even though the walls were behind plexiglas, and I was emotionally braced, and the line was unforgiving, I could imagine two sisters quiet in that space with the pictures pasted to the walls.

I spent a lot of time in the gift shop and bought a post card (of Otto Frank standing, head bowed, in the empty annex). I also bought the diary. I thought I should read it again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Worth visiting if you’re interested in this, however it’s very very busy. Whilst it’s a self tour and you are told you can spend as much time as you like there it is very rushed and you are controlled by the pace of people around us.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The story of Anna Frank is well known. If you have not booked in advance , then try and go online at exactly 10 am and you may see new openings. That is what we did, and we got lucky.

Date of experience: April 2018