My mom and I stayed at the Sofitel Legend post-cruise. We were on a Rhine river cruise with Uniworld, and wanted to end our trip with the same luxury standard as we had experienced onboard the ship. The hotel itself is beautiful, from abundance of fresh flowers in the lobby, to offering of Hermes toiletries in the bathroom. It is a very nice property indeed. We had breakfast included in our room rate. To our disappointment, the service was slow (even though they were never busy and with plenty of staff on hand), the food available for buffet was very limited in variety. The asian dishes on their a-la-carte menu were plain weird. The only thing I truly enjoyed was the Norwegian style eggs Benedict, with smoked salmon, delicious! We had a double room facing the canal, loved the high-quality linens, slippers, complimentary water and large bathroom. However the room itself is very small, and our beds were single beds. At home, I have a king bed to myself. Yes I know it is Europe and everything is smaller. So I don't count it against the hotel. The only thing I really dislike is the location of the hotel. There's a marijuana coffee shop right next door to the hotel, the the red-light district is just behind the property. So you get largely undesirable tourists coming to the area seeking those particular services. On our way out from the hotel one day, we witnessed a street flight right outside the hotel, which ended in one person been taking to the hospital. For our later part of the trip in Amsterdam (after visiting Spain), we stayed at the Hilton Amsterdam, in the Apollolan area, which is such an elegant and peaceful retreat, a world of difference from the Sofitel. I did enjoy the excellent service at the Sofitel from all the staff I've encountered, from the front desk, bell desk to housekeeping. A special shoutout to the concierge desk, who managed to get us same-day tickets to visit the Ann Frank museum. (Sorry I forgot the name of the staff who helped us, he has glasses and a bit more senior than the rest of the concierge staff). Overall, though the hotel itself is wonderful, regrettably, because of its location, I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel