My wife and I decided on a mini break in July to Amsterdam and chose the Sofitel Grand hotel. We could not have chosen better, not just for it's central position (4 mins walk from Dam square) but as it turned out the level of customer service as well. We've stayed in numerous 5 star hotels around the world and rate this as one of the finest in terms of overall pleasure to stay in.
What really made the Sofitel stand out was the high level of customer service. Not pretentious or over fussy, just plain good old fashioned service. We never met an employee who did not seem happy and pleased to help, and even at breakfast (which in itself came way beyond our expectations complete with Moet champagne if you wanted). Each and every table server new us by name and couldn't have been more helpful and polite. Most 5 star hotels will offer the same facilities as this one but few are as comfortable and welcoming as this.
The hotel reception was full of bronze statuettes and works of art which created a welcome and comfortable feel. There was a quiet library as well as a sitting area and an outside courtyard for those dry and sunny days. Afternoon tea out there was a delight with live, yet subtle music played on sunday afternoons by members of the local music academy.
We had a good sized room overlooking one of the canals (room 404) which looked recently decorated. The room was very comfortable although for some having only a walk in shower and no bath might be an issue, but it didn't bother us (it was exceptionally clean).
The management of the hotel must be commended and we would readily stay here again and thank all the staff for being so nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel