2,945 results
All reviewsthe red light districtflying dutchmanbutler servicehermes toiletriesrestaurant bridgesluxury roomjunior suitedam squareturn down servicewonderful hotelfive star hotelcanal viewthe heart of the citythe location is perfectnespresso machineanne frank housevan gogh museum
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here mid May and were very impressed. Our junior suite was large with a lovely view of the canal. Our Room was spacious very comfortable and we loved the history and location of the hotel. We were going on a cruise for two weeks and Paul (concierge) said when we return two weeks later we could leave our luggage at the hotel for the day as our flight was only at night. We were very grateful for that. All the staff we met were wonderful and very friendly and accommodating. We would definitly return to Sofitel Grand legend. We were within close walking distance to Dam square, good restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed four nights at The Grand. The hotel has an excelent location, you can walk to the main Amsterdam's attractions. Clean sheets and rooms. Great pilows. The bed was too soft for me, then I asked the reception and they fixed this "problem" in a few minutes. My room had a Nespresso coffee machine and a great shower. The give you still water and nespresso coffee as a complementary. The pool and the room service were really great either.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with windows to the streets
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at the Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam for one night in April 2012 prior to a river cruise, and were very impressed by the ambience of the hotel and the service at the restaurant. The hotel was a convent at one time and then became a town hall, but the rooms and public areas are totally modern. There is a nice inner courtyard and a sculpture exhibition during our stay. The Bridges restaurant served excellent seafood. I had dinner there by myself because my wife was not feeling well, and the waiter managed to serve me very quickly at my request, and I finished my dinner in 30 minutes! The breakfast next morning included an amazing outlay of fresh fruits, juices, cold cuts, bread and hot items to order, and we had one of the best waitresses we ever encountered. We would rate this breakfast experience perhaps only second to the one at the Liao Liao Resort in Argentina. The hotel is also located near the Dam Square and an easy walk to many places of interest. This was our third visit to Amsterdam, and if we go back there again, this would be the hotel of our choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed two nights for the business. Hotel is very nice, location very OK, without dirt and noise directly nearby. Service absolutely good and welcoming. What was disappointing, that the rtoom airconditioning system did not work at all. There was +25 outside, and maybe same also in the room. I asked twice to check it, but as it stayed like this I also dont know the reason why it was not fixed in the hotel with such class. Was it not caring, which I cant believe or just completely broken aircon. Nobody explained...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
SofitelLegendTGA, General Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed the service and The Grand’s city centre location.

During your stay the air-conditioning system in the entire hotel, indeed broke down. Technicians worked non-stop to solve this as soon as possible, but it is still a shame that you were not informed about this during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

When your future travel plans include Amsterdam, I do hope you will choose to stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, so we can prove ourselves better.

Robert-Jan Woltering