The Sofitel Legend The Grand is grand indeed. Located within the Central Canal Ring you know that you will be staying at a grand hotel the minute you walk into the central cobblestoned courtyard. We were greeted by several doorman who handled our luggage, then escorted us to the front desk. Equally impressive was the courteousness and thoroughness of the staff. Our luggage arrived wiithin minutes of arriving in our superior room. Room 410 (top floor) faced one of canals. We had a lovely view. Our room was well-appointed with a very comfortable bed and down-duvet. The bathroom has a wonderful walk-in shower with both rain-shower head and a separate shower wand. Towels hung on a warming rack which was very nice. The first morning we treated ourselves to the scrumptious buffet breakfast The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant. After a long day of walking Amsterdam we took advantage of the in-house swimming pool and sauna. The spa is serene, quiet, clean and well stocked with towels and a perfect way to refresh. The Sofitel is only several blocks away from the Red Light District and Dam Square where you can hop onto any tram or bus to take you around Amsterdam. The concierge was always helpful in arranging dinner reservation even at the last minute. Check out was very easy and the staff had arranged for a taxi to take us to Schipol Airport. The Sofitel Leged The Grand is a superb luxury hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Accorhotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel