All reviewscanal viewstaff were incredibly helpfulrobes and slipperscoffee machineiron and ironing boardstayed here for nightssofa bedminutes walk awaymodern hotelroom servicelovely bathroompublic areasreception areastar hotelrembrandt squaremajor attractionsred light district
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect location, you can get to everywhere you might need to go in Amsterdam in just under 35 mins. The station is only 20 mins away, museum quarter 35 mins and red light district about 10. When we arrived to drop our luggage off the staff were very welcoming and offered us a drink on the house while we waited. Our room was lovely, with complimentary tea, coffees and water, robes and slippers and very comfortable beds. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I come back to Amsterdam and will recommend it to friends.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank paigeamanda94
Jorn M, Front Office Manager at Monet Garden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Paigeamanda,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences. Our location is indeed excellent. It is a pleasure to read you will recommand the Monet Garden Hotel Amsterdam to your friends. We look forward to welcome you and hopefully your friends as well in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Stayed a night with my family. They gave us floor five canal view room. The room was modern, clean with a nice bathroom and shower. The location was perfect as we walked from Amsterdam Central Station in about 15 minutes. Close to shopping districts. Staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Peiman S
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday with our friends and paid the extra for canal view, we were given rooms in the basement and whilst it was a canal view, the levels of water was eye level, so for me and my friend we had to stretch on our tiptoes to see out the window. The room was so spacious, modern and clean and the fact we was not intending to spend all our time in the room and was for the purpose to sleep, shower and change, we didn’t bother making an issue about it and laughed about it advertising canal view. Tbf I should of raised as as it was glorious sunshine it would have been much more pleasurable to sit at the window enjoying the view in the morning whilst having a cup of coffee. I cannot comment on the food as we did not eat there and was disappointed when we asked if we could order snacks one early evening to be told the kitchen was closed so had to use the receptionist to order a pizza and we are talking about 9pm ish at night. It was a short walk to train station and the square which wasn’t too bad. I rarely return back to hotels, not because of standard but more so to have experience of other hotels, but it is worth a visit if your looking for modern clean n comfortable rooms

Room Tip: Ensure when booking if you want a canal view you don’t want the basement. I felt breakfast was expensive, so eat out
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We visted Monet Garden in June 2018. We stayed there for 4 days. We booked room via Booking.com with a full canal view. At the check-in we received keys and realized that the room was in the basement (no. 800) with small windows, close to the ceiling (it was dark and we can barely see anything). We didn't accept the room and the other one was offered. This time it was acceptable, but not exactly the same as we booked via Booking.
+ good location
+ good wifi
+ tasty breakfest
+ kind staff
+ clean room
- small wardrobe
- offering cheaper room than booked

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I booked this speculatively off plan and was pleasantly surprised by the clean modern rooms, good city location and the friendliness of the staff. i wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I go back to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: I would request a canal view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jorn M, Front Office Manager at Monet Garden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences. Great to see you will visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.