1,030 results
All reviews bed dorm great location female dorm amsterdam sign luggage room youth hostel private bathroom minute walk the breakfast area museum quarter tram stop flat screen tv the room was nice would definitely stay here again enjoyed my stay the red light district budget hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2016

This hotel is very near the Van Gogh museum and part of it is also a youth hostel. The room was comfortable with a great shower room. However, we had to be moved after the first night as the shower flooded the entire bathroom because the shower would not drain. The slightly annoying thing about this was that the hotel knew there was a problem.
Breakfast is cheap if you order the night before (five euros) and there is plenty of choice. The breakfast area is more like a canteen just off reception.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I would stay here again. We stayed here for 2 nights of our 12 day trip. READ THE FINE PRINT. Everywhere in Amsterdam proper charges an additional tax (kind of like Las Vegas.) This was the second to last thing in the tiny tiny fine print at the bottom of our booking, so we got to the hotel and the price was higher than my booking confirmation. I asked why and the woman was really annoyed and told me about the tax and then told me pretty much every guest is confused by it and complains about it - if that's the case, put it right up front in the description of your property! In any case, the hotel room was very clean, very comfortable, and very secure. The walls are thin and the school outside could get quite loud and we could hear other people. The breakfast added option was convenient, although I would not say it is necessary by any means as Amsterdam has a lot of food options but for only 5 euro it helps speed up your morning so you can get out and see the city. The #1 thing about this hotel is the location - it is LITERALLY across the street from the Van Gogh museum, right by the Iamsterdam sign, diamond museum, and Reijks museum! It was less than 1/2 mile walking to Heinieken, and there were 3 bus stops and 2 canal bus stops within a few blocks.

Room Tip: Do not request ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

I was visiting Amsterdam last week with some friends. We found this hotel thanks to booking and I need to say that was really nice experience. We took a 6 bedroom ensuite! Cleanliness very good! All the guys in the reception really quite (maybe too much!) and polite. I didn't like at all just the way sometimes one of the guys in the reception ( I think was the GM or one of the Boss). He was a bit rude and not open to listen what I was asking to him!

The hotel is really close to Van Gogh Museum, like 1 minute walking!

Behind there is Vondelpark: beautiful park to visit above all of the sun is shining!!

There is a caution to pay (200€ ) once you do the check-in! They will give you back the money if the room at the check out is ok and if rules are respected!

I think I'd be back in this hostel!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Nice enough hostel, clean, nice staff. The shower and the safes were broken when we arrived however these were fixed straight away and no problems with them since. However, be warned about the city tax, we were definitely mugged off with the tax and over charged, so be more switched on then we were! But, a nice hostel with a fantastic location over all!

Room Tip: Request to be in a room all together with your party to avoid being split up, with it being a hostel there is a chance!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on a 12 day Europe trip. The room was clean and comfortable. The walls are a bit thin, you can hear people closing doors or walking loudly. The location is great, just behind the Van Gogh museum. We walked almost everywhere from this hotel. The only set back is the additional tax they charge that doesn't show up on the booking confirmation. € 30 tax we didn't plan on. They offer breakfast for €5.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends