“Great spicy ramen and gyoza”
Review of Sapporo RAMEN SORA

Sapporo RAMEN SORA
Ranked #744 of 4,593 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Found this place on TripAdvisor and paid a visit on our last day in Amstredam. The seasonal mala spicy ramen is really delicious and creamy - would recommend!! The gyoza was great too. However the tonkutsu ramen fell short of expectation as it lacks the depth in flavor that I look for in tonkutsu ramen. However the spicy ramen is really tasty!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

By the time I’m writing this review, I’ve visited for the 5th time and I’m not ashamed of it! Their tonkotsu ramen is to die for - not discriminating their other lovely ramens of course.
Staff is always walking around with a hospitable smile.
It won’t be the last time that I step foot in Sora. :)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Sora Ramen is a bit like traveling, unexpectedly you find yourself in this authentic, cosy, Japanese restaurant with welcoming, smiling staff and tasteful meals.
I loved the lunch set with fried shrimps and vegetarian miso ramen!

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived a little before noon for lunch and had no problem getting a table, but when we left less than an hour later it was filled. As previous reviewers have already said, it is easy to miss the place, as the entrance is small and there is no large sign facing the street.

I have had ramen once or twice in Japan but only once subsequently, and so I don't have the necessary tools to turn this into a restaurant review. I can say, though, that the side dish of Japanese fried chicken was excellent, that I enjoyed the ramen, and that my companion who has had much more experience than I with ramen, pronounced it excellent.

Service was very good and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Sora Sapporo Ramen is in a hidden door. You need to look carefully or you'll miss it.

Even so, the restaurant was already filled up at 06:30 pm. Reading about it on the internet, the restaurant has some reputation among locals and asian residents.

The service was good, it was quick enough for such a crowded place, and the food was served quickly.

Maybe we still aren't specialists in ramen, maybe our western, south american tastes are out of sync, but it wasn't the best ramen we had. The broth seemed simpler and less rich than we are used to, with less ingredients and a thinner noodle. Maybe we ordered the wrong one? But it just didn't impress us.

Just days earlier we had dinner in Ramen-Ya and the ramen was much richer, tastier and more fulfilling. It wasn't bad and seemed authentic, but still, we expected a bit more.

The gyozas we had as a starter, on the other hand, were pretty good! Better than the average.

Don't feel discouraged to try Sora, specially if you are a Ramen nut. But personally, not one we'd go back in Amsterdam.