“Excellent Choice for our first meal in Amsterdam ”
Review of De Knijp

De Knijp
Reserve with
De Knijp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #439 of 4,441 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 29
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Having arrived fairly late in Amsterdam, we stumbled into this lovely place, hungry. I ordered the ham, my husband ordered the lamb. We both enjoyed our meals so much we stayed for desserts. Ginger cake???? What?????

The staff were pretty patient with us, speaking only English and chatted with us between stops.

The restaurant was lovely in decor and the ambience was pleasant. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was awesome! I had the Lamb and it was perfectly cooked and the sauce was great. The potatoes were very good. I had a glass of sweet bubbly white wine. The waitress did not call it champagne so I don't think it was. Whatever it was was fabulous. For desert I had the white chocolate cheesecake and it was simply delicious. If you are in the area it worth a try!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

For the last ten years we have been coming here about once a year. For TEN years. Great food, low impact stuff, just a great time. The table is yours for the evening!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Highly tasty, refined and varied foods. You'll find yourself ordering 3 courses easily as all are very well portioned (as in: you need not fear huge heaps of food in one go). Service is friendly and usually adequate, tho I agree with other reviewers here that at times the waiters may drop the ball as in forgetting a drink order or letting you wait a bit. In this regard, the place could do better.
But, I emphasize that this is still a great place to dine. Imho the food is supreme, on nearly every visit I've left glowing praise for the chef.
Pricing is...well it's not budget, but it's reasonable for a top Amsterdam location (the prestigious "Concertgebouw" district).
I heartily recommend De Knijp!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Got into Amsterdam late. One of the few places open. We had the steaks which were quite good. Good wine selection. Service was attentive. Overall was very pleased.