“Best Spare-Ribs ever!”

Cannibale Royale Lange Niezel
Ranked #360 of 4,519 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 22
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Cannibale Royale, brasserie extraordinaire fulfills all needs for anyone who loves good food, lots of meat, exotic beers and the most beautiful wines. We love to welcome you in one of our locations in Amsterdam.
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We've visited Cannibale Royale when we were in Amsterdam. It was absolutely worth the visit! The food was amazing, probably the best spare-ribs we've ever had.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Recommend by our concierge at our hotel. The burgers were outstanding as well as the fries and veggies we got as sides. You can choose the amount of meat you want as well as toppings. They have a great selection of beers but also a nice wine list. We had a nice bottle of Rioja to go with our burgers. We travel the world and don’t eat a lot of red meat but would go back here in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat then we asked a local and she told us to go there. It was packed and we waited by the bar but it was worth it. Food and service were great. We liked the decor as well.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Not really guilty, in Amsterdam one burns off calories by walking. True to form: I can burn plenty on way back to my hotel. The name is a dead giveaway. Thought there are “vegetarian favorable” selections this place is about protein (meat) and carbs (beer).

For protein, I had lamb ribs. Coming from the US south I know ribs. This place elevates the art form. Besides my wife never lets me eat lamb at home. Back to the ribs served with a sublime green sauce, pickled peppers and coarse salt on a wooden platter: amazing, so simple yet so divine.

Carbs: well the beer selection was very good and the fries were the perfect compliment to the ribs. I never thought mayonnaise could be anything more than mayonnaise but here too I learn. Rosemary mayo with fries? Learn again. Now in the hubris of this “bar” on the fringe of the Red Light District I am full of life, comfortable and feel as vibrant as the street outside. This restaurant/pub embodies this city and I enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We went there following a local man recomandation. Really tasty. We took wings as starter the cannibale ribs (3) tomato salad corn all was very good