“Best Birthday Dinner”
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Reserve with
Zaza's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,556 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 69
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After reading a number of reviews, I wanted to treat myself for dinner for my birthday. I made a reservation and was absolutely happy with my choice!
From the reminder confirmation email to the end of my meal - I loved the Zaza experience.
It took us a little bit to find it - but in all fairness, we were trying to orient ourselves in a few hours of arriving in Amsterdam. We were met with a warm and friendly smile upon arrival and I noticed that they even had balloons at my table - nice touch!
The pricing was moderate, note that everything is a little pricey in Amsterdam. (wink, wink)
I thoroughly enjoyed the appetizer "gift" - puff pastry with goat cheese and citrus fruit. And my main course of Irish rib eye was delicious! My husband had the sea bass and couldn't say enough good things about it. All in all, a wonderful, romantic birthday dinner I will never forget! Thanks Zaza's!

1  Thank tee820

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The place is super cosy and elegant the same time. We had great meal with lovely bottle of red wine. We also had a pleasure to meet the owner - Susie who together with her team made our evening unforgettable. Very welcoming. We booked the table based on reviews and were not disappointed at all. Overall experience is 5/5!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We are very happy with our dinner at Zazas! Staff was nice and friendly, the service was perfect. The food is classic without fuss and very high quality and craftsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised if this restaurant ends up in the Michelin guide.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Small but perfectly formed would be the best way to describe Zaza's. In a lovely area of De Pijp with numerous bars around for a nice pre dinner drink until it's time for your table. Nicely done out with good service - there but unabtrusive, which is just how we like it. We ate oysters for one starter - really fresh - and goats cheese filo basket, both had sea bass with mussels, salsify and saffron sauce for main (one of the best main fish dishes I've ever had) and finished with cherry clafoutis and chocolate cake with yoghurt ice cream and limoncello crime brûlée. All washed down with a gorgeous Chablis. Decent variety on the menu and other diners certainly seemed to be enjoying their choices. Very pleasant gastronomic experience - would return if back in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We booked Zaza's based on reviews here and were not disappointed! We decided to have starter and mains only as we were going on cheese and wine tour later, but we were also given a delicious taster starter and some bread and dip before our starter. Everything was presented perfectly and was delicious. Ideal time between courses and a lovely bottle of wine, all for €100 approx for 2 made for a perfect dinner.