All reviews free wifi would stay again central station city centre short stay breakfast buffet a lovely stay en route large group three nights euro sleep netherlands weekends het outskirts kettle
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ibis for two nights. Parking is easy and hotel is easy to find. The bar is cozy and a nice place to unwind after a busy day. Staff were friendly and discreet. As expected the bed was comfortable and gave me a great night sleep.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
AV622, Manager at ibis Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Saudibunny,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write the review. I am very pleased that you had such a wonderful time with us and loved the location of the hotel. We all look forward to seeing you again on your future visits to Tilburg.

Kind regards,

Marieke de Groot
Customerservice - ibis Tilburg

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Never in my entire life has an employee who works in the hospitality industry treated me in the way this insane woman who runs the place here did. I don’t have enough space to list all of the violations, but here’s a few: broke into our room twice and took out one of our beds, towels and sheets, turned off the AC and put the heater on, so when we would get back from Efteling, it would take all night to cool it. She went through our belongings. The man who works there in the evening, would apologise sincerely and tell us that he doesn’t understand why she keeps doing this, and he will contact someone in corporate to take care of this problem. The next day, again and again, she would be back on the day shift and do it all over again. When I would go to speak to her, I asked for her to call someone in corporate at Accor, she would look me dead in the eye and say: we don’t have a phone. On our last night there, we arrived back from Efteling very late to find that we had been locked out of our room. I sent my daughter down to see if it was a problem with the key. She said to my child: Tell your mother I’m going to charge her for everything I can. The following day, I went down to check out and sure enough she had ridiculous charges on there, none of what I had ordered. This woman had a vendetta out for us, for some reason. I now have to go home and cancel my credit card details, God only knows what she’ll do next. As I left, one of the employees came up to me and said that he didn’t understand why she had it out for me, but she did, and to be careful. It was his last day working there, and he said to me, now you know why. I’m hoping that other families that may stay there in the future, will never have to be put through the experience that we just had there. It was a trip to Efteling for our daughter’s 12th birthday. Well, it is certainly a birthday that we’ll never forget, or to be able to get back again. Osje robbed our family of celebrating the only time our only child turned 12 years old. I hope whatever joy she received out of torturing a family on holiday, that drove through 4 countries to get there, was well worth it to her.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bram K, Manager at ibis Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear kmillrush,

Let me start by offering my apologies regarding the fact that you were not satisfied with our service. The female college you write about is one of our Front Desk employees. We have never received a complaint before about her, it is regrettable that you felt it this way. She did her best to help you on hand of the terms and conditions.

As explained during you're stay: In our hotel (and all ibis hotels around the world) we have the policy where a child at the age of a maximum of 11 years old can sleep on their parents room for free (based on availability). Unfortunately you booked a room for 2 adults and showed up to check in with 2 adults and your daughter during the night. Since we are a highly professional organisation our night porter decided to make an exception on our policies by placing an extra bed on your room which was only suitable for 2 adults. Normally we are not able to do this because of safety reasons as well. But in this way you were at least helped for the first night and the day after you were able to sort things out with one of our Front Desk employees.

The actual morning we explained our policies with you and tried to help you. You describe in your review you were in our hotel because of the 12th birthday of your daughter. During your stay you told us your daughter was 13 years old. Therefore we offered you the option to book an extra room. Perhaps there was some kind of miscommunication in this case. As said before, our Front Desk employee never got the chance to help you out here and unfortunately you decided not to accept anything which we offered you. I hope you understand that it is quite hard to help someone out when they do not accept or want to understand our conditions and policies.

We actually went in your room, since we have a daily cleaning service to maintain the highest standard of cleaning. Since you were in a room which was not suitable for your party we had to move some of your luggage which barricaded the door so we were at least able to enter the room for cleaning. We would like to emphasize that none of our employees would ever search the belongings of a guest. Also in this case no one did.

Since we would like to save energy as much as we can as it is good for the environment the whole electricity of the room will switch off when you remove your key card from the cardholder in the room. This also includes the airconditioning. Because of the hot wheater we had the past weeks, it is not possible to keep the room that cool.

We have tried to contact you several times to explain everything again but we were not able to reach you.

Feel free to contact us any time.

Best regards,

Bram Kuijpers
Operations Manager
ibis Tilburg

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I arrived in Tilburg late. Getting a taxi was difficult. The drivers were just not interested in passengers. I was glad when finally a nice female driver accepted me. The Ibis was welcoming however. Check in was friendly and efficient.

The room was beautifully appointed and clean.

The hotel is not central; so not readily accessible by bus, however this means it is nice and quiet.

The breakfast was a nice buffet. My only surprise was the use of paper cups for tea and coffee.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bram K, Manager at ibis Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear FlyingkiwiOamaru,

Thanks a lot for you review on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure te recieve positive feedback.

It is correct our hotel is not located in the centre. However we have the possibility to rent a bike to explore the surroundings.

You probably missed out on our coffee mugs which are next to the coffee machine. You can use the paper cups for a take away coffee of tea to enjoy it on your journey around.

Thanks again and we are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

Bram Kuijpers
Operations Manager
ibis Tilburg

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The reception service at this hotel is one of the finest, very helpful and understanding. The bedrooms are quite modern and very clean and more importantly, quiet for sleeping.
The dining areas are somewhat outdated and could do with some cleaning and work over to enhance the hotel. As the hotel is located on the outskirts of Tilburg one is restricted for dining options without a car. Menu choice is limited and quality average.

Room tip: A room on the front of the hotel
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AV622, Manager at ibis Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Ronald D,

Thank you very much for taking your time and efforts to inform us about your experience.We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Tilburg.

Our hotel is indeed not located in the city centre of Tilburg. There is however a bus stop at the opposite of the street that can bring you within 10 minutes to the city centre. Our reception is as well always happy to call a cab for you that can bring you to any restaurants.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Mandy Princen
Customerservice - Hotel Ibis Tilburg

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Positive:

We got a newly renovated room, which was nice - the bathroom was small, but very practical. The room in itself was OK, of course on the smallish size (it's after all not a luxury hotel), but very usable for a short stay. A not very big flatscreen TV with a decent channel selection and usably fast WiFi connection are good things to have. The breakfast buffet had a nice choice of different foods, but the staff had a little trouble keeping up with the hunger of a group of otherwise very pleasant teenage Japanese icehockey players. Parking, and charging (22 kW) of our electric vehicle were both offered, a very nice touch.

Negative:

The door separating the room corridor and the staircase/elevator area had been shut because of a fire alarm, and from a little after 6.30 AM made a loud BANG every time someone left their room to go down to breakfast - not exactly what you'd want if you were at this property on a holiday trip.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AV622, Manager at ibis Tilburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Birger K,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read you kind words on our renovation work. At the end of this month all our rooms will be renovated and we are proud of the results. It is nice to read when our guest have a comfortable stay and that the facilities are appreciated.

I will share your compliments on the breakfast with our team. Sport teams are mostly big eaters, we are happy to read that this did not influence your breakfast.

We are sorry to read that the doors were not reopened after the fire alarm. I will share this feedback with our hotel supervisor. He will follow up on this with the team.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we all look forward to welcome you back as our guest.

With kind regards,