“Great place to stay for Floriade!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stationshotel Venlo
Stationshotel Venlo
Ranked #6 of 6 Venlo B&B and Inns
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great place to stay for Floriade!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We drove to Venlo from Germany specifically for Floriade. We found the staff to be very helpful and very concerned about the quality of our stay. We knew that we were going to be driving in past the 9 pm stated check in, but we called ahead and there was no problem when we arrived at 10 pm. The bar was still open and we were able to have a very nice night cap. The accommodations were wonderful for the price. We found the hotel very clean and the bathrooms for our double rooms had more than enough room. The location of this hotel could not be better. We were right across the circle from the train/bus station which had free buses going to Floriade. It is also right on a pedestrian walkway so there are plenty of options for dining and drinking. If you are going to stay in Venlo, then this is the best place. We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DR_A2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. We are going to Floraide. We arrived Amsterdam first, went to Kukenhof and then take a train to Venlo. This B&B is about 200 yards from station. We can find a restaurant to eat within walking distance. We can take a shuttle bus to Floriade from Venlo station. If I have chosen a hotel in the vincity I have to take a taxi or rent a car. I do not like to drive in places where I am not familiar with. The room assigned to us is good with a big bathroom with bath tub. (I do not know the situation in other rooms.) The breakfast is bread, butter but with cheese and ham. The staff is friendly and is ready to help us to carry the luggage upstairs. The room uses hot water in pipes for heating, free of charge. The price is reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SC T
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I am staying in this Hotel since nearly a week , and this is a place where you feel at home , the Owner and all Employees make you feel Relax and always welcom . All Rooms are well equiped with Satelite TV , a good and comfortable Bett , and shower or Bathtub .
The Breakfast is good.
I always will come back .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dontheo123
Venlo, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I booked a room for my friend here and the guy behind the desk was soo rude. I wanted to see the room before, so he said it was OK. But he only showed us a more expensive room, he didnt want to show me the single bed room. So I found it weird.
Then he started to say that I wasnt allowed to go up with my friend and to spend the night there. I fellt really unconfortable with that. Why he even said that to me. Since i live in Venlo myself, I wouldnt need to go there.
Then my friend told me the guy was knocking on the door and complaining about him talking in the evening. My friend wasnt allowed to talk? Why ????
At night he couldnt even get anything to drink (in the evening).

Anyways, I did let him stay there 1 night only and it was just too horrible. People really dont go here, there are much better hotels in Venlo, AVOID this hotel. better go to Wilhelmina in stead., just across the station. Seems to me much better

Room Tip: simply dont go here.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anonymous2414

Travellers are raving about these Venlo hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We arrived from our flight at around 10 at night not realizing that check in ended at 9 apparently.The owner immediately starting lecturing us about how we should've been there sooner even though he said it wasnt full..A little strange that you close check in that early but ok.We immediately noticed a sign that said no smoking no eating in the room.At this point we were too tired to argue so we went to our room.As soon as we got in the room i was not impressed , small cheap TV , 2 twin beds instead of a double and of course the bathroom was nothing more than a closet with a toilet inside and a very small shower.At this point I was pretty sure that it was unacceptable and I was going to take my chances and find another hotel but I tried reasoning with the owner first about the food and smoking restrictions .He was very rude and said all hotels in holland had these restrictions (which was not true) and immediately starting blaming us saying "are you here to sleep or smoke" and trying to convince us that we'd never be able to find another hotel.I told him we had reserved a smoking room on booking.com I let him know that I had tried to call him before the booking and he had refused to talk to us and reffered us very abruptly to booking.com otherwise we may have known about these restrictions. After arguing with him for a while he refunded our money and slammed the door in our face.We did find a better hotel actually down the street right away with a lot nicer rooms.Its called hotel wilhelmina right across from venlo station.I suggest you go there.Their very nice, only 5 euros more and they have an amazing breakfast with everything you could want.You can eat in the rooms and smoke if your discreet.they put fans in the rooms so i assume they expect it but want you to be discreet.I would definitely recommend the hotel wilhelmina , as for the stationshotel , not worth the money or the headache.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple