All reviewsample free parkingandre rieu concertmain restaurantgood sizefree shuttleour room was spaciousvery nice hotelexcellent breakfastrooms are bigcold meatspleasant staythe hotel offerscoffee machinehotel is locatedconferencetaximotorway
Reviewed 29 August 2017

An excellent hotel 20 mins walk from the centre, there is also a bus which goes to the station. We had a standard room facing the highway so decided to upgrade to comfort. It was a big room with a nice view on the 4th floor. Visited the gym which had equipment but found it had a stale smell, there was no cleaning liquid for the equipment which is not hygienic. Towels had to be collected from the reception. This is also for the sauna. The spa area was modern and very nice. The pool nice but too busy with kids.

Breakfasts are very good, with a large selection.

The Brasserie food is also good and the waitress very amicable.

We had dinner one night. It was a disaster. Instead of a bottle of wine, the waitress brought one glass, we had to wait a while before someone else rectified the mistake. The water I had ordered was forgotten until reminded almost at the end of our meal. We only ordered the main dish - fish with extra veggies instead of potatoes, and meat from the grill. Both were rather tasteless although a sauce was served separately. We got exactly the same sides as everyone else with French fries, not what we requested. It took so long we decided not to say anything. The service was very slow. Will not have dinner again there. A pity!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Staff was friendly. Restaurant and breakfast are great,very tasty and nice interior!!Breakfast buffet offered a fantastic variety of both traditional options as well as healthy options.It looked as everything was served in an hygienic manner. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. In my opinion the interior,walls and carpet in the room need a make-over in order to make the room more cosy and less cold. This in spite of the purple bedcover and pillow. bathroom was also spacious,with both shower and bath tub. But also the bathroom lacked a contemporary and cosy feel. There were tea and coffee facilities, which consisted of a waterheater in which you have to put capsules, both for coffee and tea. I'd advise to put in a normal water heater and teabags. The hotel has a great indoor pool! Fitness area with nice view. The hotel is located near the high way and a 10min walk to the railway station. Overall Great for a business stay!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Saronne S, Director of Sales at Hotel van der Valk Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear sir/madam, Thank you very much for this nice review. We will be refurbishing all rooms shortly, we hope by the end of 2018 all rooms and bathrooms are renovated.

We hope to see you again! Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I already wrote one very average review for this place which I since deleted as I didn't think it was fair. Yes, the first impression of the hotel and especially the room were just ok, it wasn't 4 star standard more like a very good 3 star one. But as the weekend went on we became to like the hotel very much. The breakfast buffet - wow. You can easily put on a stone. And the evening buffet - don't even get me started on that. The food was just excellent. Despite the fact that the hotel was full you never felt it. There was always plenty to eat. They just kept putting it out. We came to see Andre rieu which we booked a package through his website including river boat trip. Everything went smoothly, it was very well organised, I highly recommend this service. We will definitely return next year. Maastricht is a great place to visit. Hundreds of shops and places to eat. A warning though- cobbled streets everywhere so flat shoes are a must. The nearest airport is Eindhoven, 40 minutes flight with ryanair from stansted -not bad at all.
So to summarise it - I want to apologise to the hotel and staff ( yes the rooms could be better ) but everything else made up for it. See u next year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Saronne S, Director of Sales at Hotel van der Valk Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Mrs./Mr.

Thank you very much for your review! We will do our upmost best to deliver the best possible service! Which is, in our perspective, the most important thing! Of course facilities as the rooms, wellness, etc. should be nice and tidy. We are happy to confirm that by the end of 2018 all rooms will be given an update as well as the bathrooms!

Kind Regards,

Milou Opgenoord

Reviewed 24 July 2017

It's the second time I've been in Maastricht and always at the same Hotel. Me, and my family, we like to stay at Valk Hotel Maastricht because the staff is very kind, rooms are spacious, breakfast is very good, and with lots of options, and the restaurant has also a great service. Because of all I describe, I recommend Valk Hotel Maastricht!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stayed here as part of Andre Rieu package and found the hotel to be ideal. Nice rooms. Excellent breakfast, 1st class, with lots of choice, nice clean room, 5 mins drive from city, helpful staff throughout.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple