All reviews train station free wifi an option desk piano
Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

We were here just for one night for a concert. We were lucky to get a room for 3 when we are just a couple. Room was clean, large and good size bathroom. Only thing missing was a hairdryer, this may have been available at reception, I didn't ask. Breakfast was extra for us and not the best we've had. We stayed on a Monday night so was quiet and no noise from bar. Did not eat in restaurant.

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 5 December 2014

The Tulip Inn Heerlen City Centre is really "central. Walking distance (< 5minutes) to the City's central place with a lot of nice restaurants and bars around. The service is friendly but the rooms are small. Breakfast is served in an "Irish" restaurant located in the same building right @ the entrance but nevertheless the breakfast is good and they do offer a variety of dishes, sometimes including irish specialities. If you don't need spacious rooms but a clean and practical place to stay, close to the centre of the town, the Tulip Inn Heerlen City Centre is a good choice. Parking is only possible in a parking house app roc 150 mgr away and quite expensive but - it's central.

Room tip: Small bathrooms and small rooms. Quiet.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Nice enough hotel. Staff is very pleasant especially Sabrina on the front desk. Nice to have a reasonably priced restaurant adjacent to hotel. Recommended for short stays on a budget. Rooms are cosy and Spartan but clean and functional. Stayed three nights and no complaints about service or functions. Good prices for food and drinks at Mammy Two Shoes but will write a further review on the restaurant. Wish that the weather warmer but that is to be expected in December. I had a view of the courtyard which was quiet at night and nicely illuminated during the evening.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank fbruces2014
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I just stayed for a night in the town. The hotel appears fine from the outside. The service was friendly and check in/out was fast. The room was very small, average clean, bathroom okay. The breakfast is actually really good with a wide range of different food to choose from. Not sure if I will return since I need more space in my room.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2014

We got this hotel for a discount rate, so I won't comment on the value for money aspect, apart from that the discount rate we paid (20 euro per person per night, ex breakfast) is what I would pay for a hotel like this. It is certainly not a 3-star hotel. It really reminds me of an Eastern European hotel: Old stylish building, done up nicely, but with very little pride taken in it over the last decades. So it is a bit run-down.

Room 228 features some things that nowadays should not happen in a hotel: It has a pillar in the middle of the room. It has two plastic folding chairs as nightstands. It has a cracked window frame (left window). It has a very noisy airco unit in front of the other window, while it has no airco itself. So you don't open the window if you want to sleep, but you need to open the window for some fresh air. It has a sliding door for the bathroom, with no handle on the inside, so closing it is impossible. It has a smoke detector right outside the bathroom, so if you shower very hot, the steam will set it off. The shower has two soap dispensers that don't look very hygienic. The bathroom as a whole could have been a bit cleaner. The beds are of very variable quality: I weigh 100 kilos, my wife weighs 50 kilo. She sank into a pit in her bed, while I had a reasonably comfortable, harder bed. Did I mention it is not a double bed, but twin beds that move away from each-other at night?
The breakfast (10 euro) is buffet style and is actually really good: fresh bread of different sorts, warm stuff (eggs, bacon, beans), cheese, fine meats, jams, cereals, yoghurt, fruits, juices, milk, tea and even somewhat reasonable coffee.
The hotel itself is located at the edge of the town centre of Heerlen. An area that has suffered from the economic crises: lots of empty shops. On Saturday, the shopping precinct was near enough empty. Heerlen itself is a good base to explore the rest of southern Limburg, but the town itself is not really attractive. The architecture of the hotel, if you're interested in it, it worth mentioning, for it's original art-deco features.

So, what shall I say? Pay 50 euro for the room as we did and don't complain. Pay the normal rate and do complain. Simple.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the front, as the little square in front is quiet. The back suffers from airco noise and horrid views on ugly buildings surrounding it.
Date of stay: November 2014