All reviews free shuttle walking space swimming pool city centre room was clean and comfortable hampshire hotel lovely hotel stayed one night good size outskirts euros bicycles
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes for our stay at the Best Western Plus but in the end it was only my daughter who left impressed - and that’s because of the swimming pool.
Our early check in was hassle free but when we got into our room it had an odour and looked like it hadn’t been dusted in weeks.
The room size was ideal - including the kids bed around a little corner - all with a great view of the lake. The decor was dull and a little dated but the beds were clean and comfortable.
There was no mini bar as promised in the room literature.
The air con didn’t work very well and either that and/or the layer of dust gave my wife a cough which she still has one week later. It automatically switched off once the excruciatingly-slow mechanical openers allowed fresh air in through the window.
Staff were friendly and helpful - especially the drivers of the excellent free shuttle service into the centre of town. The service is available every 20 minutes on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday morning but needs to be booked in advance. Be careful of other guests stealing your place which happened to us a few times. Well worth it as it is a lengthy walk into town.
The pool was small but welcome. There is no sauna or hot tub but the facilities were adequate.
No issues connecting to the free WiFi.
Staff confused our room number a few times - including at check out when we narrowly avoided being charged for services we hadn’t ordered...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HotelGroningenPlaza, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jorine de Bruin
Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I was travelling to this hotel with a large group.
1.Our room's phone line was cut. We reported it and it was never fixed. Some of the rooms had a safe and hot pot. Ours did not.
2.The breakfast was nice, but no gluten free breads or cereals were offered.
3. I wanted to swim in the afternoon, but it was closed to guests, because of public swimming lessons. There was no hot tub in the pool area.
4. The restaurant is only open certain hours. In the afternoon, I asked the if serving a
gluten free meal would be a problem....They said no. Well, I came back for dinner and it was a nightmare. They recommended things as being gluten free and then when I ordered them they would come back to me and say that they couldn't make it gluten free. We went back and forth and finally ended with plain meat, rice and salad. Then the price was like 26-28 Euros or something. I was not happy!
6. It's out a ways and takes a bit of a bus trip to get into town.

The hotel had just changed hands, but still. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
HotelGroningenPlaza, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Konstantinos guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Jorine de Bruin
Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

First off..... The best rain shower and towels we ever had!!! The rooms are very nice and neat. Room service was on point too. And a private car to take and pickup from the city.Great job guys! Two thumbs up for the staff and crew.

1 - luv ❗

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive review! How nice that you enjoyed the hotel room and free shuttle service to the center of Groningen. We hope to welcome you again as our guest. Welcome!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

On the outskirts of Groningen so car, taxi or bicycle needed.
Excellent restaurant and parking facilities.
Room not generous in size so a bit cramped but comfortable. Fairly noisy for room 3026 as there are motors or compressors running intermittently 24\7.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the rear of building and adjoining service areas.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
HotelGroningenPlaza, Communicatie at Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your assessment. How nice that you are satisfied with the restaurant (food) and the free parking in front of the hotel. Annoying that you have experienced the room as too noisy. We hope to receive you again as our guest in the future, so that you can see that it can be done differently. Welcome!

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

But seems undergoing renovations.

My room is fine except no shampoo put in bathroom (trivial issue). Some folks in our group were upset as no hairdryer in their room and indeed not even a plugin for that. Another found the safe in his room was not bolted down so one could just pick it up and go. The safer used were also quite small so I could not put my iMac inside. But as noted the place is undergoing renovations.

The free bfast was decent. Some of us had dinner in the restaurant and both the chef's special and the catch of the day were excellent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HotelGroningenPlaza, Communicatie at Best Western Plus Hotel Groningen Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is true that we are working on renovating a number of Standard Rooms into Comfort Rooms, so we will certainly pick up your remark about the lockers. The dispensers hanging in the showers are suitable both as shower gel and shampoo. How nice that you have so enjoyed in the restaurant and the stay in itself is in order. We hope to welcome you again as our guest. Welcome!

Kind regards,