“great stay and hosts”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 3
Birgham, Coldstream, Borders, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Any
Norbert R
Ruesselsheim, Germany
“great stay and hosts”
Reviewed 26 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Great hospitality, wonderful room, great breakfast and a very quiet location. The ideal location to relax after a touring around and well worth to stay more than 3 nights. I really would recommend this location for traveling the scottish borders.

Travelling group: Solo
Terry B
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Great place to explore the Scottish Borders from”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Lynne and Archie were lovely hosts and made my week-long stay at the Old School House quite enjoyable. The B&B is centrally located to any place in the Scottish Borders that you're likely to visit. Lynne serves a very hearty (and delicious) Scottish breakfast, and even made an accommodation for me, since I'm a vegetarian, and I was greeted by a delightful homemade goodie in my room every day when I returned from my journeys. While the village is quite small, there's a very good restaurant just a walk away from the B&B called The Fisherman's Arm, which while a little pricey, served surprisingly sophisticated meals. And if you're looking to do something at night, keep an eye out for the monthly movies shown at the Village Hall, which is conveniently attached to the B&B. I spent a lovely evening watching "Saving Grace" with the locals during my stay.

Travelling group: Solo
kamczan
Warsaw, Poland
“A wonderful old house with very friendly hosts”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

The Old School House is a really great place to stay on your trip around Scotland. The house is indeed a 19th century school with great atmosphere, which is now run by a lovely couple. We were greeted by the man of the house, who has the appearance of a harsh Scotsman, but is truly kind, friendly and helpful and a great host. The rooms were warm and comfy, the breakfast was very tasty and on top of that there’s a great living room with a fireplace and very comfortable sofa – all of it for the use of guests. Definitely a place to come back!

Travelling group: Friends
janet0219...
“Lovely peaceful stay, with friendly hosts in a beautiful house set in a marvelous location.”
Reviewed 31 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We would definately return to this b&b! My husband and I spent a lovely three nights here and enjoyed our stay very much, we had a very nice comfortable room with a beautiful view. The room was clean and spacious with a nice little shower room, there was even some lovely home baked carrot cake to have with our coffee. Would recommend and would definately return!

Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing