“Good Food, Could be Better”
Review of Ecco Zurich

Ecco Zurich
Ranked #1 of 2,164 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$ 192 - US$ 243
Description: The Ecco restaurants in Ascona and St. Moritz already have a reputation for unique culinary virtuosity blended with a purist approach to taste - and both have two Michelin stars to prove it. With his food concept, Ecco founder Rolf Fliegauf artfully combines the natural flavours of seasonal ingredients to create the unmistakable Ecco cuisine: distinctive, intense, unexpected. In Zurich, Rolf Fliegauf has passed on the baton to his trusted associate and former sous-chef Stefan Heilemann. Ecco!
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Ecco restaurant is the 2 michelin star fine dinning restaurant at the Atlantis Giardino hotel in Zurich. It comes highly recommend and even rated as the top restaurant in Zurich. Despite my jet lag, I decided to try since I was staying at the hotel anyway.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I told the restaurant that I was still experiencing jetlag and appreciate if they can speed up the release of the food. I choose the 7 course tasting menu and was seated at the outdoor terrace with a nice sunset view of Zurich. The restaurant filled up quickly, and not one table is empty, evident of the popularity of the restaurant.

Overall, I will say the food was good. The ingredients used were fresh and the presentation immaculate. The best of the lot was the lamb, cooked to perfection and superbly tender.

Service was good, and the staff really tried to serve me faster than usual as they were aware of my jetlag. Nothing to complain about.

The meal was overall good, and perhaps the best in Zurich but I won’t say it is so good that it’s a must try. Many fine dining restaurants in other cities can match or better this. So in the end, there’s a feeling of being underwhelm due to overtly high expectation.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came for our 6th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely table by the window. Although the dining room was full, it felt very intimate; busy, however still able to have a conversation.

The service was extremely on point, very hearty and warm. The wine flight was well chosen, with grape varieties fitting the dishes perfectly and offering a tour around the great vineyards around the world.

Coming to the food: this was out of the world. One of the best meals we ever had, and we had quite a lot of 2 and 3 star meals in the past. In each of the prior restaurants there was always one dish sticking out and still memorable, even after 10 or more years.
At Ecco though, every plate fit into that category. This is because of the flavours coming from the fantastic sauces playing in harmony with the quality of the ingredients used. Simply outstanding.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Had a wonderful dinner at Ecco on my wife's birthday. Kids are welcome and so our son could accompany. Our food was really great and so was our the menu for our son!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner at Ecco on saturday night. Everything was absolutly superb from the amuse bouche till the friandise. We still can't decide which dish we liked the most. Also the wine selected by Stefano Petta was spot on. Thanks again to Stefan Heilemann and his Team. We will be back.

1  Thank ganzernst
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends. Ordered the Menue and some different bottles of Wine.

The food was so great, well prepared and tastes perfect!! If you love art, you should visit this restaurant for sure.

All in: Perfect! Thanks so much, Stefan!