“Superb food, friendly folks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ban Song Thai

Ban Song Thai
Ranked #61 of 1,892 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Thai Restaurant est. 1995, Since same owner. No MSG. A la carte evenings: exclusively bio beef, Mangrove sustainable shrimp, bio porc. Only best quality products.
Orlando, Florida
“Superb food, friendly folks”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The food takes me back to visiting Bangkok, with the taste and heat that makes for great Thai food. The thom kha gai is rich and creamy, the curries supremely tasty with just the right heat to make you ask for additional rice. The staff were attentive and cheerful, making the whole dining experience wonderful. Be sure to reserve as it gets very busy.

2 Thank chris_explorer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA
“Amazing food & service”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been all over Europe & America's, and I have never had Red Curry that was this good. Super fresh, authentic, huge portions, extra rice free of charge, and an amazing presentation in a clay pot over a candle. Decor was very comfortable and clean.

Get the curry with dark meat chicken...tastes like butter!

Incredibly welcoming owner(s). They are genuinely happy to have their small restaurant and take pride in their service and food. I think I heard they have been there 16 years.

Reservation, mandatory. I got lucky and sat at the 2-top bar. Within 10 minutes the whole restaurant filled up.

If you skip this one, your missing out. Nothing better than hot savory food on a cold winter's night!

• Visited March 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“The Best Thai around”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We found this by accident about one year ago, and they were very accommodating. They were very busy and took my number, calling my 15mins later saying they organised a table for us. It was an amazing meal- but we were so hungry that we weren't sure if that was why it tasted so good- So last night we went back, almost one year since our first visit. The food was amazing, the service was spectacular. I can guarantee that we will be going back next vist to Zurich. Thank you for the great food- I almost rolled out of there I ate so much!!

• Visited March 2012
Bern, Switzerland
“Real Thai Flavor in Charming Seiiting”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

They do a buffet for lunch, which I am normally wary of as quality is often sacrificed for quantity diner expectations. Happily, this is not the case at Ban Song Thai and the place was packed. Seafood, beef, chicken, rice, noodle, soup, vegetable, and dessert offerings all fresh and distinctive (no basic sauces used repeatedly). I like their payment system whereby you can choose to weigh your loaded plate for a one-time buffet visit or choose the multiple buffet visits for another price, which is especially nice for those with smaller appetites. Most importantly, the food had the unique Thai flavorings and ingredients (no disguised Chinese pretending to be Thai). Really happy to have found a genuine Thai restaurant with enticing ambiance--not easy in Switzerland.

• Visited February 2012
Ireland
“Will be back.....”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We did not book so had to return for a table, this was no problem. I had prawn in my soup starter.....fantastic, for main I had a curried chicken dish, this was also fantastic. My husband had mixed starter and beef dish for main, he was also happy!
It was great value, the only problem we had was the very unfriendly waitress, this issue was a huge disadvantage to our night.

• Visited February 2012