“You're going to spend money here but it is worth it.”

Restaurant Terrasse
Ranked #379 of 2,179 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The terrace is beautiful, the main dining hall with its semicircular high windowed projection is elegant. The reception was efficient and welcomingly fulsome (coats taken and hung up, escorted to table, chairs pulled out for the ladies). The food, quality and presentation, was beyond criticism. I recommend the freshly made and generously loaded crostini as apero and the corn fed, lemon and ricotta stuffed roasted chicken breasts on leaf spinach with excellent saffron rice. Oddly, the dessert menu on-line bore no resemblance to the paper version presented so no praline mousse with Grand Marnier cream. But the individual tiramisu with fresh coffee cream wrapped in a thin parcel of white chocolate was just fine. The wine list is, of course, beyond criticism this being a Rudi Bindella restaurant. The service was a little eccentric in that the wrong dishes were placed in front of us, one main course was similar to but not the same as we ordered, wine got dripped about when served, and by the middle of the meal service staff were getting hard to find (they insisted on keeping our bottle of wine on a separate table and filling our glasses themselves). At the very end we were left to find our own coats and see ourselves out with no one wishing us good bye etc. Hence four not five stars for service.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Let's start with the positives. Lovely Location and building interior is beautiful.

Otherwise, very forgettable. Service generally quite bad, better in the Restaurant, but the bar is just rediculously bad.

Food menu very limited. Why not offer more than 3 or 4 different beers? Or at least offer some decent beers amongst those 3 or 4.

Food very ordinary, and completely over priced.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation at this place after a long day of sightseeing and traveling. The ambience was outstanding but the food was not all the great. Deserts and drinks were way better. There was a two man band playing which made it cool. Would only go back for drinks one evening

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I was here for a drink on a Saturday evening, after enjoying the sun by the lake.
I was attracted by the position and by the aspect of the place: very central and nice, without being exaggeratedly pretentious.
I cannot comment on the quality of food, as I just had a glass of wine, but the place is nice, the staff is polite and prices are very reasonable (about 7CHF for a glass).

I'll definitely keep this place into consideration when coming back to Zurich !

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I honestly don't know why I keep coming back here. Service is miserable & food is overpriced for what it is. Though the location is perfect and the garden is super nice, I've finally had it.

We asked the waitress if we could order a second round of drinks. After 10 minutes I kindly asked her again if we could please order, and her reaction was "I know" and was about to walk away. After she saw my reaction she turned around again and said "what?! are you in a hurry or what?!" I was so shocked. Then she proceeded to ask us what we wanted in the most rude and pissed off way.

This is not acceptable and this is the last time I'm coming here. For the price I pay, I at least expect impeccable service.

I visited on friday, 7th april.

1  Thank Maggie H