“great meal, great service”

Restaurant La Soupiere
Ranked #11 of 2,210 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$ 66 - US$ 178
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Indulgence yourself at the highest level in an elegant atmosphere. Enjoy finest French cuisine and regional specialties for lunch and dinner, prepared by our chef Martin Fencz: delicious starters, fresh fish, mix grilled dishes, seasonal menus and enticing dessert creations await you! Leave the hectic everyday life behind you and enjoy lunch or dinner at our Restaurant La Soupière. Our Maître d’Hotel - Helmut Stadlober - and his team will pay attention to your wishes and requirements and offer a perfect coordinated service at any time.
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Service was perfect, preparation of meal from the kitchen perfect as well. Excellent location. We could not ask for more. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018
Schweizerhof, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Restaurant La Soupiere, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear KVolkerts

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at the restaurant La Soupière with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest and that we were able to delight you with our unique location and our professional service.

Our team does its best to make every guest happier and your feedback is the best way to thank us.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again here in Zurich.

Markus Steiner Sicles
Guest Relation Manager
guestrelation@hotelschweizerhof.com
Tel direct: +41-44-218 89 21

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Chose this place for my wife’s birthday. What a mistake!!! Poor menu choice. Food was over salted. Definitely not worth the money, overpriced. Restaurant does not fit the criteria of fine cuisine.

Date of visit: June 2018

Dear alexn271

Thank you very much for having chosen La Soupière as well as for your detailed review about your experiences.

I am truly sorry that your dinner did not meet your expectations and that some of our services have not been to your full satisfaction. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your feedback in detail.

Meanwhile I remain with best regards

Markus Steiner Sicles
Guest Relation Manager
guestrelation@hotelschweizerhof.com
Tel direct: +41-44-218 89 21

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My meal as excellent featuring a salad with smoked salmon and a most unique and memorable lettuce followed by grilled turbot. My one caveat was that I asked for a glass of Cote de Rhône and was offered a Cabernet Sauvignon, a grape that I do not believe is grown in the Rhône region. But perhaps I should have ordered a white burgundy with my fish!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My wife and I were stopping off in Zurich after a week of skiing in St. Anton. We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days early. It was a great decision! The food and service at Restaurant La Soupiere were superb. I started out with Carpaccio with Foie Gras & Truffles. It now ranks as my all-time favorite appetizer! Amazing!!! My wife and I had the Chateaubriand with Bearnaise Sause for two as our entrees. It was also excellent, although we should have fasted for two days ahead of time to fully appreciate it. We couldn't resist sharing a desert, which we both loved. Restaurant La Soupiere was expensive, but it was well worth it. The wine list was surprisingly small but had some very nice wines for under 100 Euros. The service was excellent. We will definitely return the next time we are in Zurich.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Exceptional on all level

La soupiere is a wonderful experience, combining terrific food and fantastic service.

The menu is held relatively short, but there is something for everyone. Each dish looks like it could go to a museum and tastes just as good. I have chateaubriand, it was perfecty cooked and my side of rösti was nice and crunchy. The entire family was very satisfied.

The service really sets this restaurant apart. They do all the little extras from continued bread service to crubling after the main course. They even have little chairs for purses. My favorite part was in the end when they come to your table with their beautiful desert cart.

I can recommend la soupiere to everyone that is looking for something elegant and special. However it is pretry pricey.

Date of visit: December 2017