“Absolutly Fabulous”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 132
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mediterranean, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Sonnenberg (Sun Mountain) is a place of power and affords some of Zurich's most beautiful panoramic views. Situated high above the city, it provides wide-ranging views of the Alps, the Lake of Zurich and over the rooftops of the city. Welcome to the world of the Sonnenberg. The restaurant that bears the same name enchants with fantastic views, creative culinary arts and an attractive ambience. Step inside and have a taste.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic experiance from beiging till the end! The location a views are unbeatable, the ambiance weather in or out. After have being seated on a lovely table with great views by profesonal staff,we were asked what to drink, soon enough they arrived and with that the menu and extensive wine list. Next warm bread of differant kinds. A few minutes later no other than the famous Michlen star chef, Marcus G Lindner was at our table to explain the menu! Wines were also chosen according to the course. The steak was out of this world and so was the veal and lobster by my friends. Serivce brillant...a great total experiance and worth every penny which for what we were surprised. I will go back there forsure!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This restaurant has one of the best view's of the Zurichsee in town. Perched on a hill it has a grand view of the lake's landscape. The decor is elegant but not "stuffy", the food is superb, and the service is what you would expect in an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Not only was this the best steak I've had in a very long time but the view is just incredible!
Great, attentive staff, fantastic wine selection and a very diverse menu. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Two couples, a beautiful table outside with a great view, amazing summer weather, great food and wine, and extremely attentive service: these are the main ingredients of the amazing evening we have had at the Sonnenberg Restaurant. Yes, it's expensive. But what isn't expensive in Zurich? There are many expensive restaurants in Zurich, but at least here you get an amazing view (besides everything else). Will definitely come back, we were all very impressed. And trust me, it is not easy to impress us.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel we thought we would give it a try. The food was the absolute best my wife and I had on this trip. I had veal cutlet that was the best veal I have ever had and my wife had sea bass that was fantastic. In addition to the great food the view overlooking Zurich was amazing, particularly at sunset. Every table was taking pictures throughout the evening because the view was so special. We sat outside and as it got cool the wait staff offered blanket wraps to keep the chill out. Some people moved inside but we stayed out through desert. The restaurant is about a 10-15 minute ride from the train station area. Uber was about 15 Swiss francs to get there. Definitely worth the trip. I consider this a can't miss restaurant. My only caution is that it is expensive. Be prepared for 80-100 Swiss francs per person.