“Absolutly Fabulous”

Price range: US$ 42 - US$ 122
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean, Swiss
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Der Sonnenberg is the ultimate venue for a pleasurable timeout high above the city. Either business lunch or high gastronomic culture: the team around Armin Waldvogel and Kay Schultz points out quality, artisanry and a honest experience and persuades with modern, exalted brasserie-dishes. The tended wineservice and the kind hospitality complete your visit at the Sonnenberg perfectly. Don’t leave anything to chance – but all us – and enjoy a culinary experience on a high level.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic experiance from beiging till the end! The location a views are unbeatable, the ambiance weather in or out. After have being seated on a lovely table with great views by profesonal staff,we were asked what to drink, soon enough they arrived and with that the menu and extensive wine list. Next warm bread of differant kinds. A few minutes later no other than the famous Michlen star chef, Marcus G Lindner was at our table to explain the menu! Wines were also chosen according to the course. The steak was out of this world and so was the veal and lobster by my friends. Serivce brillant...a great total experiance and worth every penny which for what we were surprised. I will go back there forsure!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This restaurant has one of the best view's of the Zurichsee in town. Perched on a hill it has a grand view of the lake's landscape. The decor is elegant but not "stuffy", the food is superb, and the service is what you would expect in an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Not only was this the best steak I've had in a very long time but the view is just incredible!
Great, attentive staff, fantastic wine selection and a very diverse menu. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Two couples, a beautiful table outside with a great view, amazing summer weather, great food and wine, and extremely attentive service: these are the main ingredients of the amazing evening we have had at the Sonnenberg Restaurant. Yes, it's expensive. But what isn't expensive in Zurich? There are many expensive restaurants in Zurich, but at least here you get an amazing view (besides everything else). Will definitely come back, we were all very impressed. And trust me, it is not easy to impress us.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel we thought we would give it a try. The food was the absolute best my wife and I had on this trip. I had veal cutlet that was the best veal I have ever had and my wife had sea bass that was fantastic. In addition to the great food the view overlooking Zurich was amazing, particularly at sunset. Every table was taking pictures throughout the evening because the view was so special. We sat outside and as it got cool the wait staff offered blanket wraps to keep the chill out. Some people moved inside but we stayed out through desert. The restaurant is about a 10-15 minute ride from the train station area. Uber was about 15 Swiss francs to get there. Definitely worth the trip. I consider this a can't miss restaurant. My only caution is that it is expensive. Be prepared for 80-100 Swiss francs per person.