“Outstanding food”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 132
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mediterranean, Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Sonnenberg (Sun Mountain) is a place of power and affords some of Zurich's most beautiful panoramic views. Situated high above the city, it provides wide-ranging views of the Alps, the Lake of Zurich and over the rooftops of the city. Welcome to the world of the Sonnenberg. The restaurant that bears the same name enchants with fantastic views, creative culinary arts and an attractive ambience. Step inside and have a taste.
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Not only was this the best steak I've had in a very long time but the view is just incredible!
Great, attentive staff, fantastic wine selection and a very diverse menu. Will definitely be back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Two couples, a beautiful table outside with a great view, amazing summer weather, great food and wine, and extremely attentive service: these are the main ingredients of the amazing evening we have had at the Sonnenberg Restaurant. Yes, it's expensive. But what isn't expensive in Zurich? There are many expensive restaurants in Zurich, but at least here you get an amazing view (besides everything else). Will definitely come back, we were all very impressed. And trust me, it is not easy to impress us.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel we thought we would give it a try. The food was the absolute best my wife and I had on this trip. I had veal cutlet that was the best veal I have ever had and my wife had sea bass that was fantastic. In addition to the great food the view overlooking Zurich was amazing, particularly at sunset. Every table was taking pictures throughout the evening because the view was so special. We sat outside and as it got cool the wait staff offered blanket wraps to keep the chill out. Some people moved inside but we stayed out through desert. The restaurant is about a 10-15 minute ride from the train station area. Uber was about 15 Swiss francs to get there. Definitely worth the trip. I consider this a can't miss restaurant. My only caution is that it is expensive. Be prepared for 80-100 Swiss francs per person.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I just had yesterday afternoon lunch for the first time since Jackie Donatz left the restaurant... and I had very high expectations due on the name of the cool and the relationship with Mesa. The location is great, the view stunning.. and I would that is all. We took the menu (3 courses) for CHF 68, which sounded reasonable, water and a glass of wine. We ended up paying CHF 90 per person, which is high for what we got and the quality. The starter was (they call it) a lobster salad (lobster is so little you had to look for it), I had fish and my partner roastbeef, which were OK but let's face it no high cousine at all, fish 3 small pieces with a tiny bit of cheackpeas and ew slices of roastbeef. The worse was the dessert: peach Melba, we got 2 slices of peach (3cm long) and 1/2 thick and some cheap vanilla icecream (so sweet and fatty, even worse than a Mövempick), this desser which must have a cost of max CHF 2 was the difference of CHF13 form the 2 courses menu, however quality as a COOP take away (tast included). Summa summarum CHF 90 for very mediocre food and a glass of wine and water. CHF 90 is already a high price and there are lots other restaurants that for this kind of money serves you fantastic food: many not having the view unfortunately... the service was OK, nevertheless we had to pour our water ourselves, all the time. I would not return despite the view.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We were there for dinner with Friends while a strong storm. It was not an issue for the exceptional view. It was my second time in the restaurant which belongs to FIFA, and the food was even better, with a casual but very professional service. Nice wine card.
The decoration is a bit tacky and stiff. But as you look outside it is not an issue. Weather permitting, I guess the the terrace is the best option.
I really recommend.