“Excellent”

Cuisines: European, International, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Enge
Description: The kitchen's new philosophy is centred around sustainable products and their origins in forest, field and river – meals with a story to tell and to enjoy. Guests experience a feeling of nature and Swiss authenticity. “I wish to redefine how people eat. I want to instill in my guests a newfound appreciation for where their food comes from”. Frank Widmer, kitchen director at Park Hyatt Zurich, created the new concept for restaurant parkhuus. The centerpiece of the new philosophy is the origin of the products that are found on the plates later: “We can only truly know where our food comes from by securing it directly from source. For us that means either personally hunting and growing our own vegetables and herbs or doing so, via our handpicked selection of partners”, says Frank Widmer, “we hunt, we fish and we forage, through forest, field and lake in order to provide a complete food experience.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very nice food and great service in a lovely environment. You felt very happy to tip

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Mr. Jack,

I would like to seize the opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to compliment our Restaurant "parkhuus" on Tripadvisor. Your impressions with regard to our service and facilities help us to continually monitor and improve our daily business, and comments such as yours that compliment our staff can only help further motivate our employees.

I was very pleased to read that overall you have enjoyed your dinner in the "parkhuus", and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Jacques Morand

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked the restaurant online through their web site because i was not in Switzerland at that moment. I went there to celebrate my bf's birthday. They replied my email and confirmed my booking very fast. The environment was nice, the service and the food were excellent. The waiter and waitress there were sweet. They even prepared a birthday cake for my bf. What's a great surprise. Definitely will go there when i visit Zurich again. My bf already booked there for his mom birthday.

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments regarding our restaurant "parkhuus" and our employees. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to my entire team.

Feedback such as yours is always well received and can only help further motivate our employees to continue to offer outstanding service to all our customers and encourage them to reach new goals and objectives. As well all know, a little bit of recognition goes a long way and more than anything it recognises the good work that they are doing.

It is your continued support and loyalty as customers that make us proud of the work we do and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Jacques Morand

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We enjoyed a very special Christmas dinner here and the quality of the food, presentation, and service were all splendid. Zurich is an expensive city to dine out-- but for a special occasion, this restaurant is worth it.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Tracy,

First of all, I want to thank you for your recent visit to the Restaurant "parkhuus" and for having taken your time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allow us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Christmas dinner here, and that we could even exceed your expectations. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments regarding the service. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest on every stay. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Restaurant "parkhuus" in the near future and that your stay will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I went with colleagues and clients to Parkhuus for a business lunch and all went very well, the reservation was fine, over the phone. We entered and we were welcomed very nicely.
the restaurant is very nice inside, with very high roof, opened kitchen.
The service was brilliant, the staff speaks english and German, very few French though.
There is a lunch menu for 49 CHF for 2 courses, which is for the quality of the restaurant and the food reasonable. the food was really amazing and nice presented. I would love to come back again but for a dinner.
In the summer, we can sit outside and have a drink.
Food is european. No typical Swiss food.

PH_Zurich, General Manager at Parkhuus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Guest

First, I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor.

With great pleasure, I read your comments regarding your stay at the restaurant "parkhuus" at the Park Hyatt Zurich and your excellent feedback makes me feel very proud. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the nice infrastructure and the amazing food you experienced and I especially thank you for your compliments to our staff. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your positive feedback to the entire team.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest on every stay and I am delighted to read that you intend to visit us soon again, this time for a dinner.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the "parkhuus" in the near future and we hope that your stay will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have reserved a private dining room and booked an Italian menu. The service was great the setting amazing but the food - sorry to to say that - was pretty much out of my expectations. A place like this should try to avoid experimental cuisine if the chef has little skills of the basics of Italian cuisine. I am sure the à la carte menu is great and I shall suggest to have a look to the very well stocked wine cellar!

1  Thank ludwig1827

Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant "parkhuus" and for having the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments regarding our service and setting. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

Valuing your comments, we carefully reviewed the Italian menu, which has been presented and served to you. I am sorry that we did not reach your expectations in this regard, and I do apologize for any inconvenience which has been caused to you. I will discuss your feedback with our Director of Food & Beverage and explore which improvements can be made.

We would be delighted to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our restaurant “parkhuus” in the near future, and we hope to exceed your expectations with our exclusive à la carte menu.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you might need from our side.