We have been traveling through Zurich for 13 years and used to always stay at the Best Western in Glattbrugg; then due to lack of availability, we stayed at the Novotel… now, this year at the Marriott Courtyard and this is by far our new favorite. The room was large, with a king size bed (a rarity in Switzerland), with comfy linens… a great shower and quiet. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. The location is nearer to the city than the former hotels and we took a taxi to the hotel from the airport (approx. $35)… FYI – we have NEVER succeeded in taking a shuttle from the airport and at least this hotel doesn’t pretend to have one. We were tired from long travel and didn’t want to spend time trying to find other options (e.g. Tram). However, we did take the tram TO the airport the next day (approx. $12 for both of us)… and RAVED about it. It was a VERY short and VERY direct walk from the hotel… trams are frequent and the Airport is 1 stop away (as is the city center, where we went for dinner). We highly recommend the Tram (I am assuming the difference between the Tram and the Train is that the Tram runs “outside” to Zurich city whereas the train runs underground.
As for previous comments about the price of food… they are entirely correct! The food prices are exorbitant! When we checked in, I asked how much breakfast was… approx. $25/per person for a buffet. Incredible. What we did, instead, was take the tram to the airport train station (we were catching a train to Zermatt), and visited a wonderful bakery (there are many) where I got a Quiche Lorraine and my husband got a croissant… we later paired this with a couple café lattes… all for less that $20!
Aside from eating in the hotel, we strongly recommend the Marriott Courtyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The international chain hotel Courtyard by Marriott Zurich North is conveniently located 10 minutes from Zurich Airport, 7 minutes from Zurich downtown and just a 3-minute walk from Zurich Oerlikon station. Many companies, Hallenstadion and the fairground are within walking distance. Whether you are traveling to Zurich on business or for leisure, the hotel offers the perfect accommodation with 152 spacious and comfortable hotel rooms and free Essential Internet to all of our guests. With 590 sqm of meeting- and conference space and the latest event-technology, the Zurich hotel provides ideal requirements for successful seminars, banquets, meetings and social events in Zurich. The business center and the fully equipped gym are at your disposal and the 24/7 Grab'n Go Market offers a variety of food and beverages. The BISTRO offers freshly made international and regional classics as well as delicious snacks and drinks and invites guests to meet and linger throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Zurich North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Zurich Nord Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel zürich
- Courtyard Hotel Zurich Nord
- Courtyard Zurich
- zürich Courtyard