“City centre pub/cafe”
Review of James Joyce Pub

James Joyce Pub
Ranked #6 of 103 Nightlife in Zurich
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Range of beer and food to suit most tastes. Close to Rennweg tram stop. Great customer service and reasonably priced for Zurich.

Date of experience: January 2017

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Just FYI: I am trying to understand why this establishment is listed as a tourist attraction instead of a food & drink joint.

I've been to the Joyce a few times while living in Zurich, and it is a really nice pub with a pretty decent menu. I thought the burger was particularly goo, and the prices are on par with the norm in that part of town. I reckon you'd shell out CHF 40 or so, for food and drink unless you pig out or decide to baptise yourself in booze.

Staff and service were great whenever I visited, so no issues there. The food is always of goo quality and, like I said, I enjoyed the "James Joyce" burger and fries thoroughly. They serve up a decent Guinness too.

The location of the pub is a touch discreet, although it is on the same street (: maybe not by address, but by geographic location :) as the famous Kaufleuten club. Just off Sihlstrasse, if I remember correctly.

Great place for an evening out. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

A very solid place indeed with great beers and good food. Nice service with well dressed waiters. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

I have a rule which I don't always keep, not to visit Irish pubs when abroad. However I was tempted into the James Joyce when passing by and noticing the wood panelled interior.

This is a lovely pub with a great atmosphere and a wonderful history. One of the very professional staff kindly gave me a book about the history of the pub and James Joyce's association with Zurich. Like so much in Zurich it's expensive but I felt it was good value for money with a simple but well executed menu and a decent variety of beer. I'll do my best to get back! Thanks!

Date of experience: June 2016