“excellent hotel at high prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
israel
“excellent hotel at high prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

it was our first stay at the Zurich Hyatt Hotel. there is no doubt this is an excellent hotel. the staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms are large and very clean and the location is central yet quiet.
we of course agreed to pay the very high price, but we expected more for that high price. for everything you were asked to pay very high extras: breakfast is extra and so expensive that we took it in an outside cafe, internet price is prohibitive and there is no free amneties:no champagne upon arrival or in the evening, no coffee in the room etc.
i would recommend to the Hyatt Zurich management to be more generous towards their clients, it will help the hotel guests to feel better when paying the very high prices.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Alerda,

First of all let me thank you for your time spent writing your comments about your first stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that your overall impressions of the hotel and the staff were excellent and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

We have also taken note of your other comments regarding the pricing of our breakfast buffet, the Internet and our amenity programme. I am sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations in this regards and I apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused. Please let me inform you that we do offer free Internet and a coffee/tea set up for all rooms except the Standard park rooms. Please be assured that we will review these areas to assess what improvements we can make in the future.

WI hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Park Hyatt Zurich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Loved almost everything about this hotel. Our room was large and exceptionally well furnished. The bed was a real king bed (not two twins placed together) The bathroom was huge and had an incredible rain forest shower. During our stay the temperature was in the high 80's and low 90's and the a/c worked very well. The staff were exceptionally attentive and helpful. The location was a 1/4 mile (maybe 3/8 of a mile) from the center of everything.

Surprisingly, the mattress was old, worn and sagged to the middle of the bed. Breakfast was of exceptional quality (and exceptionally expensive, even for a hotel of this quality) but was served in the lobby bar where guests had to sit on sofas and easy chairs making it very awkward to eat.

Be careful when using taxis in front of the hotel. We were ripped off twice with drivers taking round about routes. Each of these trips was no more than 1 1/2 - 2 miles with meter fares of 28 and 29 francs. One of these drivers even tried to charge us an extra 10% for using a credit card. Zurich taxis are very expensive but not this expensive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PickyAboutHotels
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Dear PickyaboutHotels,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important to us and allows us to continually improve our service and facilities.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the guestroom and in particular the bathroom with the rain forest shower and took advantage of the air-conditioning during the hot summer days. Thank you for complimenting our staff. Comments such as yours encourage them to reach new goals and objectives. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed Park Hyatt Zurich and the convenient location to various attractions.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the bed mattress. I understand your disappointment, please rest assured that we will discuss your point with our department heads and take corrective action.

We would all be very pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

If you need European service US-style, this is probably as good as it can get

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear I-Pay-I-Must Get,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich are an important channel for us to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service.

Thank you for informing us that you were pleased with the service at Park Hyatt Zurich. I am delighted to receive such great feedback and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay. We all hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again soon and that your stay will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Glen Ellyn, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Arrived in Zurich and the end of our Swiss trip after touring Lausanne and hiking in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. I am sure we are not their typical customers, but we were welcomed for the most part. My husband booked this hotel using points, otherwise we probably would not have stayed here. It was 92 degrees when we arrived, and 95 degrees on the second day; I was extremely thankful for the air conditioning and the shower. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. If you don't put a card on your bed, houskeeping will change your towels twice a day; a bit extravagant. Previous reviewers are correct--there was no in-room coffee (Starbucks is a bit down the street but doesn't open until 10 AM on Saturdays) and there was a 30 CHF charge to use the Internet for 24 hours (or 60 cents per min). I agree about the nickel and diming feel but when in Rome... The same is true at the breakfast buffet (43 CHF per person), which is astronomical and to get eggs it will cost even more. We did splurge and eat dinner at the restaurant on our last night and had a wonderful meal. You select your main course and then we shared sides in little pots on a burner that was set up at the table. I say this hotel met our needs because of what I felt was the extreme heat--after touring Stein-am-Rhein and Schaffhausen all day in the heat we chose to eat at the hotel (269 CHF; 2 beers and 2 martinis) rather than elsewhere because we simply didn't want to dress for dinner and deal with the crowds and heat on a Friday evening. If the weather was more temperate I probably would have given 3 stars. Everything in Zurich (and most of Switzerland) is very expensive so be advised.

1 Thank ILJilly
Dear ILJilly,

Thank you very much for your detailed and honest report on TripAdvisor about your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich! We are delighted that you redeemed your Gold Passport Points at our property and that you enjoyed your tour through Switzerland.

Comments such as yours are very valuable to us and help us improve our service and facilities and I believe that other travellers will benefit from them as well.

I am happy to hear that you used and appreciated the air-conditioning and the walk-in shower. Indeed, there were a few very hot days earlier this month! We have also taken note of your comments about the lack of a coffee machine and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that we were unable to meet your expectations in this regard.

I am pleased to inform you that we are currently enhancing our Internet facilities and I totally understand your point of view. Rest assured that we have taken your comments seriously and are working hard to implement fast improvements.

Thank you for choosing the restaurant Parkhuus for dinner and we are pleased you enjoyed the meal and savoured the variety of side dishes.

We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future and that you will then be able to enjoy the city in more moderate weather. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you might need from our side.

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Beautiful and elegant hotel, discreet luxury, attentive service. Amazing location few steps from Zurich lake. Our stay was just perfect: from the first step until check out! Try out burger - I think it is the best in the city! Overall - strongly reccommended.

Dear Kvitochka,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback with regard to our facilities, services and location is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular thank you for your very positive comments about our service, the design and atmosphere of Park Hyatt Zurich. Another favourable point was that you took advantage of the ideal location close to the lake of Zurich. We are very pleased that you liked our burger and think it is the best in the city! It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind words to our chef and his entire team.

We would all be very pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant summer.