“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #8 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
LA
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The service is outstanding here. Our room was awesome (and finally I got to use a good hairdryer in Europe). The beds/ pillows are so comfortable. One minor note for ladies - the conditioner left my hair a knotted mess. Overall, this place is great!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jenniferpatrick

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich are an important channel for us to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and appreciated the room facilities and thank you for complimenting our staff. They are committed to service excellence and you can rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for the maximum comfort and enjoyment of all our clients, which is our number one priority.

I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced with the conditioner during your stay. Your comment will be discussed with the department head and please be assured that we are most grateful to you for having taken the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Park Hyatt Zurich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is super pricey, but all in all it was worth it. Our room was large and the big bath tub/shower area could be opened up to the sleeping area by sliding shuttered doors. This made for a nice, open feeling and it was fun being able to watch tv from the tub.

Another big plus was that the room not only had black out curtains, but had a sun screen which could be raised and lowered with the touch of a button. We did this trip sans toddler in the hopes of sleeping a bit, and sleep we did! At 10:30 am, our room was black as night inspite of a nice sunny day outside. It was awesome :-)

The location couldn't be better. We had purchased a Zurich pass in antipication of taking the tram/trains/buses around, but everything, including the main train station and tourist sites, was an easy walk from the hotel.

The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful. They did our online flight check in and printed our boarding passes at no charge, gave really good restaurant recommendations, and even mapped out a mini walking tour for us, which was a lot of fun.

The only thing we didn't like, and my husband was so annoyed by it that he made me promise to deduct a full star, was that there was no coffee in the room. We called and asked, and they confirmed that the standard rooms don't come with instant coffee. What a shame to nickle and dime on something that is typically standard at even budget hotels!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MasalaTravelBunny
Dear Masala Travel Bunny,

Please allow us to begin by extending our sincere appreciation for choosing our establishment for your weekend in Zurich and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Your feedback on our facilities and services is extremely important to us as it allows us to continually monitor and improve our performance.

Thank you for sharing your detailed comments with us and other travellers about our room outlets, as well as the location of the hotel and our friendly and helpful staff. I am sure that your tips will be useful to future visitors!

We have also taken note of your comments about for the lack of a coffee machine and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that we were unable to meet your expectations in this regard.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again and that your next stay will be just as enjoyable as your last one.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We had a litlle "misunderstanding" ...
I do not want to enter into details but the bottom line: the management took it very seriously and they compensated us at our entire satisfaction. Issues may arise but the difference is how the hotel handels it: in this case it was perfect.
The room was great. Breakfast very nice.
We had a great time at the restaurant.
Well in the end, we really enjoyed our stay.
Deeply recomended for the quality of the hotel + the professionalism of the staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephane f,

I would like to thank you very much for your honest comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Park Hyatt Zurich.

Your feedback is truly valuable and important in operating our business and we consider it our duty to go above and beyond customer satisfaction at all times.

Please let us apologise once again for the misunderstanding that occurred on this occasion. We very much appreciate the fact that you gave us the chance to respond and improve and are glad we managed to meet your needs.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the room and we thank you for complimenting us on our food and beverage outlets. We will make sure that your compliments are forwarded to our team.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us.

Houston
Reviewed 30 May 2012

From the central train station, the Park Hyatt is a 10 min. taxi ride or a short tram ride away (if you have luggage take the taxi, if not, take the tram). The hotel is centrally located just a couple of blocks from the Bahnhofstrasse and the lake. A tram station is located 1 block away from the hotel. The boat launch for the lake steamers is just a couple of blocks walk. From this hotel it was easy to get around Zurich on foot, tram, boat, bus and train. The hotel staff is exceedingly friendly, always smiling and helpful. We had a standard room with a king size bed. The room was modern and quiet with a large shower and jacuzzi tub. A sliding door next to the tub could be opened as a sort of "window" into the bedroom. When it was open one could chat with someone in the bedroom or watch TV from the bath. The bathroom was still very private when the sliding door was closed. The breakfast buffet was included in our package and it was fantastic. They provided anything you could want for breakfast and would prepared eggs, bacon, sausage to order. This was our first visit to Zurich and the Park Hyatt was a good match for us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback with regard to our environment and services is very important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

We have noted your kind comments about our room outlets and the attentive service, especially the friendly, efficient and smiling staff. I am delighted to receive such great feedback from our guests and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.

Your comments about the overall service at Park Hyatt Zurich are incredibly motivating and I would like to thank you very much for them. The entire team appreciates your kind words and we would be more than happy to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance.

Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My flight arrived early in Zurich, reached the hotel at 9am, was pleasantly surprised that my room is ready and I can check in ! Reception staff are friendly and efficient, all done in less than 10 mins and whisk me to my room by a friendly and knowledgeable staff, who give me valuable tips for the city and her culture.

The room is really nice, with the by-now-everyone-knows B&O TV. The bathroom and bedroom is separated by wooden door next to the bathtub. Room is clean and feel luxurious, my room view face another building across the street. The windows seem to have automatic day blinds which seem to go and down at her own fancy, perhaps it is control by lights outside ?

The spa is small with separate men and ladies facility, but i couldn't use it as I dont know how to operate the digital locker, there was no one there for assistance.

I did not get a chance to eat in the hotel as my business associates brought me out for meals.

The hotel location is very good, just a short walk to Paradeplatz and Bahnoffstrasse for shopping, or to the Lake for a relaxing walk.

Overall, I like the hotel and if I'm back to Zurich again, this is the hotel for me to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank plwh888
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time here with us.

I was especially pleased by your comments about our service and facilities. It is extremely important to us to continually monitor and improve our services. Feedback such as yours is always well received and can only help further motivate our employees to continue to offer outstanding service to all our customers.

I am also very sorry to hear the difficulties you experienced with the digital locker in our Olympus SPA and I apologise most sincerely that no staff was nearby to assist you. Be assured that I will discuss your feedback with our department head and see if there are any ways we can improve our service.

It makes me very happy to read that your expectations were mostly exceeded and that you intend to visit us again for your next stay in Zurich.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to the Park Hyatt Zurich again and please do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime for any assistance you might need from our side.