“Very instagrammable! (and great gluten free options!)”
Review of Miyuko

Miyuko
Ranked #126 of 2,195 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I went to Miyuko for brunch with my coeliac sister, who loved the fact that the etagere only consisted of gluten free products. The building is historic, but suits the Japanese-themed food very well. Service was extremely friendly. It would, however, have been great to have a few more sweet options on the etagere and a little less cheese and meat, as the cakes were definitely the best thing about the place!

Date of visit: May 2018
Sara_Miyuko, Inhaber at Miyuko, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for much for this lovely review! It made us all very happy : )
If your more with a sweet tooth I recommend the Prinzessinnen Kafi Kaltsch.
Its cakes and sweets only!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I met up with friends to enjoy a pot of tea and some scones. It was worth my trip from Bern and my friends’ trip from Zug and Basel. Beautiful tea room with warm scones, properly made tea, and excellent service. All served in a beautiful atmosphere. Fresh flowers on the tables were a lovely touch. We will be back to try the cakes and sandwiches. Great place! Bern needs something similar.

My only suggestion is to serve the scones with delicious Gruyere double cream or proper clotted cream instead whipped cream for a true “cream tea”.

Date of visit: April 2018
Sara_Miyuko, Owner at Miyuko, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you very much Olivia, we are very happy to read that :)
In the beginning we served a more heavy cream version, but our guests prefer the lighter one, so we sticked to that.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Kindest regards Sara & Dominik

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Last week, we were recommend to try the cake at Miyuko by a vegan friend. A few days later my wife and I sat there and tried two of their cakes. Both cakes deliciously balanced the sweetness with another element - one was with an exotic fruit and the other with caramelised peanuts. Both cakes were light, though still had substance. We decided that this would be the perfect place to order a birthday cake (online orders only). We ordered the children's chocolate cake with only 6 pieces for about CHF 70.- and picked it up a few days later. The ordering process was easy and we promptly received confirmation, that they could meet our quick pick-up date. Everything worked perfectly. The cake was beautiful, the only but is that the taste of this particular chocolate cake (meant for children) was a tad too simple and we missed the other element we knew from the other cakes. Next time, we will order another filling :-)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The cozy athmosphere in this cute little café let us forget our busy days and we could just indulge. We had a matcha latte (with soy milk) and a golden latte (with cow's milk), both were really frothy and had just the right amount of sweetness. Because we felt like something savoury, we first shared a curry scone (they serve you two pieces), and holy moly they were delicious! Freshly out of the oven, with awesome hummus and a chutney next to it: heavenly! Lastly we shared a piece of their vegan chocolate cheese cake and a vegan carrot cake muffin. While both were tasty, we both felt that they could have been better... frankly, they didnt realy hit the spot for us. BUT I would like to go back someday to try their brunch (THEY OFFER VEGAN BRUNCH VERSIONS, HOW COOL IS THAT!) and also for another scone and mayve another cake. I am really happy that they have so many vegan options, so I can really recommend this place to fellow plant-eaters.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Spent a day in Zurich to visit friend before Christmas and could not stop myself of doing a pit stop at Miyuko. As usual, the brunch was delicious. I like the continuous tweaks on the menu that keep things exciting, yet the good classics are kept in place. topping things off with a couple slices of cake is always mandatory. Service is impeccable and the setting super romantic. Don't miss this gem when in Zurich and remember: No credit cards accepted!

Date of visit: December 2017