All reviews old town reception room free luggage storage train station shared room well equipped kitchen roof terrace hang clothes amazing location bars and restaurants fourth floor stayed one night single room dorm backpackers switzerland sink
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Good location, the hostel is a few flights of stairs up. The lady at reception was super friendly and helpful. The room was basic and a little small, but did have lockers and a sink. The hostel had a small common area and had a few kitchens to use. A great place to stay for a few nights.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The positives:
The hostel is located numerous steps up a building conveniently located near both the city centre and the train station. Many good food options around. Decent size kitchen where you can cook and save money in pricey Zurich. Nice "lounge" area to chill and relax. Free luggage storage after check out (a big plus). The rooms were decent. Despite reviews saying that the rooms were too small, it was decent by my standards. Enough space to store one luggage and one back pack. Lockers were incredibly small though.

Negatives
It was so noisy. Located right above a restaurant and some bars nearby. The noise went up at midnight and continued all the way until 5am. People were shouting, screaming, throwing random objects around throughout the night. I had no idea how anyone slept. Even with earplugs, and veing a heavy sleeper, I had issues sleeping.

It is, however, one of the most affordable places to stay in Zurich. I'd advice asking for a room away from the main street and also, bring noise cancelling headphones with a 8 hour playlist of soothing ocean waves. Especially if you're coming on friday or Saturday.

Would I stay here again?

Maybe.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oOokevinoOo
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed at Hostel Biber just one night and was very very impressed. After a disastrous day of both a cancelled flight into Zurich and lots of train delays, I arrived almost 3 hours after their advertised latest check in time (10pm). I emailed and called the hostel and the very lovely and helpful Leo, not only agreed to stay late to let me in but gave me in depth directions to find the hostel from the train station, and was super friendly when I arrived, even though she had to wait so long for me! She went completely above and beyond, lending me a phone charger and just being so kind about the whole situation. The other staff I met were extremely hospitable and gave me great advise on the area. The hostel itself is in an amazing central location with plenty of nice restaurants and cafes close by. The only downfall was there were lots and lots of stairs to get up to my room, but it was my own fault for packing too much in my suitcase! I'd read about the stairs beforehand so was expecting it. Would definitely recommend this hostel. Thanks for having me!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2018

The guy in reception was really nice, and the location is really convenient, in the middle of Zurich old town. But the room is completely small (6 mixed bed), almost no space to walk between the beds. The bathroom was dirty, and it's really small as well. The worst thing for me besides a man snoring a lot at a bed beside me (the size of the room contributed to be more terrible) was the fact that we have to go 4 floors upstairs to reach the reception and after 3 more to reach the room. No elevators. Terrible when we have heavy backpackers/luggage. I hated stay over there.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MelissaMarcondesBeff
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Despite the many stairs you have to climb with your luggage, the place is nice and comfortable for a solo traveller. It has a kitchen, you have to pay for the bed sheets and towels so I recommend you to take your own. The location is very centric.

Date of stay: January 2018