“Swish Swiss hotel”
Review of Hotel Helmhaus

Hotel Helmhaus
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I chose Helmhaus primarily for its proximity to the headquarters of the Swiss banks in Paradeplatz (it is a very scenic five minutes walk from Paradeplatz). Happily the hotel not only meets this criterion, but also has many other advantages. Chief among these are its location and the friendliness of the staff. Helmhaus is situated in the old town, close to just about all of Zurich's main points of interest for the curious visitor. For me, the main appeal of the area was the picturesque streets of the old town with their abundant restaurants and bars.

My room was very comfortable and had that rare quality of feeling like a home from home. It was incredibly quiet (perhaps too quiet for someone used to the noise of London - but that is hardly a criticism!). Breakfast was great - I tucked in to some lovely Swiss cheese and muesli.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Helmhaus, General Manager at Hotel Helmhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Grüezi Mutandis

Thank you for having been our guest and for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us.
We could not have said it better: feeling like a home from home. This is our credo, and it is nice to read that we could make you feel home from home.

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcome you back one of the most traditional and oldest hotels of Zurich.

Your Helmhaus Management Team.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I only stayed there one night but the Hotel exceeded my expectations.
The staff at the reception was very friendly and professional and handled my requests very quickly. A Welcome drink was offered not only at check in but also when I arrived later to my room. the room and bathroom were very clean and modern furnished. The Wireless Internet was for free in the room what I think is a very unique selling point for the Hotel, it was not clear to me when I booked the room so I was very positive surprised when I got there. I did not have breakfast therefore I cannot judge this service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, not only locationwise but also for the service!.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We arrived with three children after a 20 hour flight from Australia. Our room was already available even though it was only 10 am. Rooms were lovely, staff were helpful and my children voted it the best breakfast ever.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Grüezi Aussiesmiles

It is nice to know that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel Helmhaus – and that your children voted our breakfast the best ever.
This shows us that we have achieved our goal to make you feel comfortable and have a good time in Zurich.

Thank you very much to you and your family for having been our guests, and we wish you all the best!

The Helmhaus Management Team.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I chose this hotel for its contempory furnishings as well as its excellent location in the old town. I was not disappointed when i arrived.
As a single mature female traveller I felt very safe not only in the hotel but in the surrounding streets. It was an added advantage that English was spoken by all the exceptionally helpful staff - nothing ever seemed too much bother.
The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and well appointed for the price. The breakfast was generous and delicious. It unexpectedly included a delicious cooked breakfast dish as well as the normal Swiss cold cut selections which I appreciated. Quality coffee was available at all times in the reception.
The Reception was very friendly and helpful as was the kitchen staff. As my departure flight was late at night, it was reassuring that I could wait in comfort at the hotel for my airport transfer.
The location of the Helmhause Hotel was amazing, just a short stroll across the road to the lake, an interesting 5 minute walk across the bridge to a morning market and 1 minute to bars and cafes in the old town. I would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Grüezi 333penny

Thank you for having been our guest and your positive feedback. We are glad to know that you appreciated the hotel’s facilities, its location, its safety and the friendliness and service of the staff.
It is our desire to make our guests feel home away from home and enjoy the beauty of Zurich in the most relaxed way.
What is there any more to say than „Thank you“ and that we look forward to welcome you back in the future to the smallest and one of the most traditional Four-Star hotels of Zurich.

Your Helmhaus Management Team.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I wished I could have stayed here longer! All the staff at the Helmhaus were lovely and always helpful. The room was a great size and even had a couch to sit on in the room. The breakfast was delicious. Also the location was of the hotel close to the old town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Grüezi toota101

Thank you for submitting your positive feedback, it is nice to know that we could make you feel very comfortable and relaxed - and there is always an opportunitiy for next time staying a bit longer.

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcome you back!

The Helmhaus Management Team.