US$ 497
  • Breakfast included
US$ 210
US$ 161
  • Pool
The Flag Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 100
US$ 177
US$ 173
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 226/night.

ibis Zurich City West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$ 132
US$ 123
US$ 155
US$ 130
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 164/night.

US$ 286
US$ 301
US$ 131
US$ 102
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold towngreat locationsmall hotelwithin walking distancehardwood floorswelcome drinkeach morningbreakfast roomtram stopcentral locationfront desk staffhighly recommend this hotelcorner roomrooms are moderndefinitely stay here againfirst floorlimmat river
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I only stayed there one night but the Hotel exceeded my expectations.
The staff at the reception was very friendly and professional and handled my requests very quickly. A Welcome drink was offered not only at check in but also when I arrived later to my room. the room and bathroom were very clean and modern furnished. The Wireless Internet was for free in the room what I think is a very unique selling point for the Hotel, it was not clear to me when I booked the room so I was very positive surprised when I got there. I did not have breakfast therefore I cannot judge this service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, not only locationwise but also for the service!.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We arrived with three children after a 20 hour flight from Australia. Our room was already available even though it was only 10 am. Rooms were lovely, staff were helpful and my children voted it the best breakfast ever.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Helmhaus, General Manager at Hotel Helmhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Grüezi Aussiesmiles

It is nice to know that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel Helmhaus – and that your children voted our breakfast the best ever.
This shows us that we have achieved our goal to make you feel comfortable and have a good time in Zurich.

Thank you very much to you and your family for having been our guests, and we wish you all the best!

The Helmhaus Management Team.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I chose this hotel for its contempory furnishings as well as its excellent location in the old town. I was not disappointed when i arrived.
As a single mature female traveller I felt very safe not only in the hotel but in the surrounding streets. It was an added advantage that English was spoken by all the exceptionally helpful staff - nothing ever seemed too much bother.
The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and well appointed for the price. The breakfast was generous and delicious. It unexpectedly included a delicious cooked breakfast dish as well as the normal Swiss cold cut selections which I appreciated. Quality coffee was available at all times in the reception.
The Reception was very friendly and helpful as was the kitchen staff. As my departure flight was late at night, it was reassuring that I could wait in comfort at the hotel for my airport transfer.
The location of the Helmhause Hotel was amazing, just a short stroll across the road to the lake, an interesting 5 minute walk across the bridge to a morning market and 1 minute to bars and cafes in the old town. I would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Grüezi 333penny

Thank you for having been our guest and your positive feedback. We are glad to know that you appreciated the hotel’s facilities, its location, its safety and the friendliness and service of the staff.
It is our desire to make our guests feel home away from home and enjoy the beauty of Zurich in the most relaxed way.
What is there any more to say than „Thank you“ and that we look forward to welcome you back in the future to the smallest and one of the most traditional Four-Star hotels of Zurich.

Your Helmhaus Management Team.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I wished I could have stayed here longer! All the staff at the Helmhaus were lovely and always helpful. The room was a great size and even had a couch to sit on in the room. The breakfast was delicious. Also the location was of the hotel close to the old town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Grüezi toota101

Thank you for submitting your positive feedback, it is nice to know that we could make you feel very comfortable and relaxed - and there is always an opportunitiy for next time staying a bit longer.

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcome you back!

The Helmhaus Management Team.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

The Helmhause Hotel is situated minutes from the lake and a short walk from town. It was easy to find. From the airport take any train to the main station and then the 4 tram in the direction of Tiefenbrunnen. Come off at Helmhaus. Cross the road go to the right - under the arch and the hotel is there on the left.
Check in was pleasant and fast we were at once offered a map and guide to Zurich and offered a drink. Coffee was made quickly for us from a machine. We could have free coffee at anytime from this machine. Also at reception was a dish of sweets- a nice touch. All staff were a pleasure. We asked for harder pillows and they arrived quickly. The hotel has only I believe 24 rooms so it has a lovely comfortable feeling. The room was spotless and there was a lage shower gell in the bathroom much better than the tiny ones usually produced by hotels. Slippers were also provided which helps to cut down noise on the wooden floors.
The hotel has been thoughtfully renovated to a high standerd. There is a small lounge on the first floor where newspapers are available - another nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellerkent
Helmhaus, General Manager at Hotel Helmhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Grüezi travellerkent

It is nice to read that we could make your stay with the Hotel Helmhaus Zürich so memorable – thank you for your positive feedback. One can still feel at home although not being there - and it is our concern to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.
Coming from the airport to hotel could not have been better described as you did.

We wish you all the best and look forward to see you again in the future.

Your Helmhaus Management Team.