I can't recommend this little hotel enough! It is an easy walk of less than 10 minutes from the main train station. The two buildings that comprise the hotel are impeccably neat and well-kept and the staff that I encountered were all very polite and attentive. The room that I had (#832) was small yet very charming & clean.
They also have a nice continental breakfast in the mornings seven days a week. Unfortunately, the restaurant is only open for dinner on weeknights; so I didn't get a chance to try it.
There were only two negatives:
1. The towels weren't very soft - somewhat akin to sandpaper.
2. There was only one pillow on the bed - two would have been nice.
Other than these two minor negatives, you can't go wrong with this hotel!
All-in-all, the Hotel St. Josef is an excellent deal for a city so expensive as Zürich. If you are looking for something big, glitzy & ostentatious, then this place might not be for you. Otherwise... STAY AT THIS HOTEL! You will be very pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In our charming hotel you will find everything you wish for your holiday or business stay. Our house is located close to the main station of Zurich , only a few steps from the Old Town and the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Theater, cinema, opera house, museums , ETH and University are within easy walking distance . A short walk takes you to the beautiful lake promenade of Zurich . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ostrovok so you can book your Hotel St. Josef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St Josef
- St Josef Hotel