All reviews free mini bar great hotel old town excellent location would highly recommend this hotel coffee machine shopping district comfortable rooms business hotel included in the room rate quiet street easy walking distance central location loved this hotel home away from home large room fitness center
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located in Zurich. The service is great and the employees are kind and helpfull. The free complementary minibar is nice . The hotel has an agreement with an independant fitness center which is a big advantage. It is around the corner, well eqiped and a major factor for me to choose this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank estiron
Christian_Schuebert, Manager at Hotel Glaernischhof, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear estiron

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback regarding your last stay with us.

I am more than happy to see, that everything worked out the way you expected. Your kind words have been gladly shared with our entire team.

The access to the “Luxor Sports Club” is truly highly appreciated by our guests.

The entire team would be glad to welcome you back in the not too distant future and wishes you all the best in the meanwhile.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stay here at least twice a year, with and without wife (who also loves the place) Friendly and helpful staff throughout hotel and restaurant, comfortable, immaculately clean rooms... We love staying there.

Room Tip: ask about construction in neighborhood
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear RockDoc42

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us!

It is my pleasure to read that we could welcome you the second time with us and that you entirely enjoyed your visit at the Hotel Glaernischhof Zurich.

We are looking forward welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you all the best in the meantime!

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is the first review I've ever written of a hotel I didn't stay in (although I should have)

On the morning of my stay, I got an email informing me that my room and that of my colleague was unavailable due to a problem with the booking system. Instead, we had been put in the 5* Savoy up the road. So far so good

However, the rooms we got were the smallest in the hotel (barely wider than outstretched arms), and had none of the amenities of a business hotel (such as coffee machine and ironing board), which is what we were after.

This would have been a 1* review had things remained as such. However, after I wrote a fairly strongly worded email to the Glaernischof, Yves sprung into action, and managed to get me upgraded to a very nice suite (although sadly not my colleague), and promised a review of the policy of rebooking in the future to ensure that guests were well looked after

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Christian_Schuebert, Manager at Hotel Glaernischhof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear 885nigelc

Many thanks for taking your time to write about your experience with us.

First of all I would to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience in regards to the problem with our booking engine and in regards to the unpleasant first impressions of the alternative hotel.

Therefore it makes me very happy to read that we could solve this issue very quickly and that we could surprise you with an upgrade to a Suite.

Your kind words have been gladly forwarded to Yves, a valued team member, who did with pleasure assist you in this matter.

We thank you very much your patience and comprehension and would be very happy to welcome you definitely at our property for your next trip to Zurich with us.

In the meantime, all the best for you!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Very clean and a comfortable, spacious bedroom. Has a good table for working (if that's what you're there for) and Wi-Fi coverage was pretty good. Breakfast has a good variety of selection. Staff were helpful and polite.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Paulo

Thank you very much for taking your time to rate your last stay with us.

I am glad to read that everything worked out the way you expected. Especially your comment regarding our team is highly appreciated and was already forwarded to them.

We would be delighted to see you soon back at the Hotel Glaernischhof Zurich.

All the best for you in the meantime!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A decent hotel not far from the lake or the major banks. A quiet street and helpful staff...

The good:

1). Location, location, location: a couple blocks from the lake and a quick stroll to the major banks and shopping street. Quiet and clean location.

2). Friendly staff: from the front desk to the maid to the restaurant staff everyone is friendly and willing to help.

3). Food: A decent breakfast buffet that was part of my room rate, mini bar was part of the room rate as well. The bar is simple but a good stop after a long day.

Room for improvement:

1). A little dated: the hotel could use a refresh. Just a bit old. Still clean and comfortable though!

2). The door locks: I dislike dropping the key off at the front desk. Makes me worry about security. This is Zurich so not a real issue though I would have preferred a more modern key system.

Perfect place to stay a few days. More than a week would probably not work. I will be back though for my next quick trip!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank hellohello5

Dear hellohello5

Thank you so much for sharing your impressions with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

It was our pleasure welcoming you in Zurich and I am more than happy to receive such an amazing feedback regarding our staff. I am also very happy to read that our breakfast buffet was a good start into the day and that we could welcome you in our Oak Bar.

Our traditional key system is one of our tools to keep in touch with our guests. However you may with pleasure carry your key with you and it is not a must to leave the key at the front desk.

The entire team is looking forward welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future and wishes you all the best in the meantime.