Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich
  • Pool
US$ 237
US$ 231
  • Restaurant
ibis Zurich City West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$ 155
US$ 150
US$ 385
  • Restaurant
Novotel Zurich Airport Messe(Opfikon)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
US$ 102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 115/night.

US$ 296
US$ 211
  • Restaurant
The Flag Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 178
Swissotel.com
  • Pool
1,394 results
All reviewsbutler servicechampagne breakfasttrain stationfruit bowlevery eveningswiss chocolatewelcome drinklittle touchesmain stationwonderful hotelturn down serviceshopping streetperfect locationsingle bedyogurtan upgradebusiness trip
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April. Lovely juice and smart service but overall for the price the standard was not as high as other top notch hotels I have visited. The bed was uncomfortable it was difficult to control the heating in the room and our fish at dinner was over salty. When I gave them this feedback it seemed to me that they were not really listening. Perhaps they are a little too complacent about their position as number 1 hotel in Zurich?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GratefulGauntlett
Schweizerhof, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Mrs Gauntlett

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our HOTEL SCHWEIZERHOF ZÜRICH for your stay here in Zürich.

We are sorry that you could not enjoy your stay to the full and we are totally aware that a comfortable ambiance is essential to our guests’ comfort. In case of any heating problems, we would willingly assist and control or adjust the air condition devices.

I regret that our beds did not live up to your expectations. For your future stays, we noted the wish in your personal guest profile of adapting the slatted frame of your bed. If available during your next stay, we will be glad to welcome you into one of our newly refurbished rooms. They are equipped with a mattress which is adaptable by air pressure and allows you an individual justification. It is definitely of utmost importance to us, that our dear guests feel like at home!

Dear Mrs Gauntlett, we thank you for your valuable comment. This helps us to increase and maintain our high service standards. As we did already send you an e-Mail on April 09th, kindly advise if you did not receive it for any reasons. For your future reservations, kindly contact me directly via: info@hotelschweizerhof.com.

We see it as a chance to improve our service to our dear guests and would be glad if you will give us another chance. I am looking forward to your next stay with us.
Best regards

Jörg Rudolf von Rohr
Managing Director
HOTEL SCHWEIZERHOF ZÜRICH

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed in the Schweizerhof for one week in November 2011 on a business trip.

The hotel is just beside the Hauptbahnhof in Zurich and appears to be centrally located (though I did not do any sightseeing). The rooms are on the rather small side and some do not offer view, but they are very comfortable and absolutely spotless. The same goes for the bathrooms. The restaurant is excellent and offers outstanding food. The bar is also worth a stop.

But the best about this hotel is certainly the service. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive and goes every extra mile to satisfy the customer's needs and wishes. I may say here once again: Thank you!

The only downside of this hotel is that there is no fitness center or the like (I think it is possible to use the Holme's Place nearby).

I will definately come back - hopefully soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel Schweizerhof is an excellent hotel but if you look at the prices generally good hotels require in Zurich you find that compared to other countries the prices are not in line with the services. The hotel is very well located if you want to use rail services, as it is just opposite to the central railway station. The rooms are also nice, but nothing extra at this level, the service is kind and polite, however once I had problem, because they charged my credit card even if it had paid in advance. In overall it is a nice hotel for a daily price from which you can spend a last minute week in Tunisia.

1  Thank ksscsb
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The Schweizerhof is a delightful hotel - the location is excellent (immediately across from the train station, a five-minute walk to old town, at the beginning of the Paradeplatz), the breakfast "buffet" is top notch, and the rooms and bathrooms are well-appointed and spacious. Negative - there is no fitness center and the only option is to pay 30 francs to work out at a neighboring gym. Other bonuses - there are often complimentary tastings and sparkling wine in the lobby in the evening, there is complimentary Swiss chocolate with turn-down service, and the overall level of friendliness in terms of customer service really enhances the hotel. When I was ill, the hotel took every opportunity to make things easier for me - these touches go a long way. Greatly recommended.

Room Tip: Be aware that some of the rooms have two single beds pushed together.
3  Thank JournalKat7
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Excellence ! This is the key word to describe Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich in terms of services, comfort and location.
Rooms are up-to-date and very comfortable with all the latest technologies.
Breakfast is excellent with a large buffet.
Excellent address.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Schweizerhof, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your kind comment. My team and I are pleased that you felt comfortable with us and we are looking forward to your next stay and our opportunity to pamper you again.
Jörg Rudolf von Rohr