All reviews great location train station central location old town nespresso machine free wifi shopping district remote control the hotel staff breakfast is served single room air conditioner superior room hotel is perfect rooms are small mini bar business trip
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The hotel is great location and the rooms look really nice with wooden floors. Unfortunately, the gym that was advertised as facility is not in the hotel but nearby, which requires extra money. The breakfast was decent, but not great. The price was a bit high at the time being. The restaurant is not bad :)

Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank George K
Reviewed 27 June 2015

Hotel is located about 7 minutes from the Zurich main station. If you are lugging lots of luggages, take a tram (1 stop) from the train station. It is conveniently located at the corner of the main shopping area. Room is a little dated but clean. Beds are too soft. Hotel is flexible in providing late check out. Our flight was at midnight and we requested for a late checkup until 3pm and it was readily accommodated.

Value for money for the location.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pte-traveller
Hotel S, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Seidenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for very nice comments about your stay. Your feedback helps us to check standards and we are doing our utmost to continually improve our service. We hope that you will continue to recommend us and would be very happy to welcome you again at the Sorell Hotel Seidenhof.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 16 June 2015

I booked this hotel whilst travelling with colleagues and it would appear that they have a DELIBERATE policy of overbooking their hotels. I was obviously the last person to check in, having confirmed a reservation last week, and they told me there was no room for me and they were full so I could not stay. I should reiterate that I had a fully paid reservation confirmed for two nights.

I was offered an alternative hotel which I was told is also in the city centre, had a restaurant and similar facilities. I was told this was 2 mins away. I was then shipped off out of town to the middle of nowhere to a not very nice and much cheaper hotel which does not have food or indeed any facilities. This is an absolute disgrace. I have paid £418 for two nights and have a room now in the middle of nowhere, away from the rest of my group which is the standard of a youth hostel.

I am a frequent traveller and never in my life have I encountered this and such unhelpful staff. What is worse is that there is no manager available to speak to me and the arrangement is wholly unsatisfactory. At least if I had to be relocated I should be given an upgrade and not downgrade with no associated refund and I should have been kept in the same area.

5  Thank marysas93
Hotel S, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Seidenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your Information. First of all, we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you had. Unfortunately due to IT problems with our reservation system, we were overbooked on this specific day. Therefore we reserved for you an upgrade room in our "sister hotel" with the same standard as the Sorell Hotel Seidenhof offers. I regret, that you have been very unhappy with this solution. As well I would like to apologize that you had not the possibility to speak with me directly at least on the phone after midnight, as I am normally 24 hours reachable for all guest or business matters. I would be more than happy, if you could contact me directly to solve this inconvenient case.

Sincerely yours
SORELL HOTEL SEIDENHOF

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Location of the hotel is perfect ... tram stop to Zurich HB is a 1 min walk way so you never miss the tram.
Breakfast is included which considering the location is very good value for money indeed (200CHF per night). Loved the coffee they provided.
Housekeeping needs quite a bit of improvement. Throughout my entire 2 week stay there they didn't refill the shampoo until one day I had to remind the housekeeping lady. And when she refilled the shampoo she forgot to provide new toilet rolls. How did I wash my hair you might ask ... With the bath soap instead.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank thepastrysurgeon

Dear Sir

Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the Housekeeping. Please be sure, that we will do our utmost to improve our service immediately and it would be nice, if we could prove ourselves during your next visit and to show that we can be better than the last time.
Please contact me personally for your next reservation and we would be pleased to welcome you at the Seidenhof again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 June 2015

The best thing about this hotel is the central location. The hotel was average in every respect, service, decor, room. There was nothing wrong, just nothing special or memorable. This is why I am giving them 3 stars. Very average.

Note: They do not have parking and referred us to two near by ramps before we arrived. Driving in Zurich, as in any European city center, is difficult. All of the nearby ramps were full and we ended up parking more than a mile away and having to haul our luggage back. Very inconvenient, and something I hadn't anticipated.

2  Thank mj1152

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback. We are doing our utmost to continually improve our service. Your feedback helps us to check standards and to adapt these if need be. We regret, that all ramps were full around the hotel upon your arriving. Guests with their own car have always the possibility to stop in the front of the Sorell Hotel Seidenhof and we are more than happy to help with the luggage and with a free car parking next to the Hotel. We would be pleased to welcome you again as our guest and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation or any assistance..

Yours sincerely