“Small Hotel by the Lake”
Review of Hotel Opera Zurich

Hotel Opera Zurich
Ranked #57 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Kuala Lumpur
“Small Hotel by the Lake”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

A small hotel in a quiet road a few steps from the lakeside promenade of Lake Zurich. 10 minutes walk to Banhoffstrausse and also the two historical churches. Not too many activities in the immediate vicinity.
I had a single room which was clean and small but acceptable for a city like Zurich. Breakfast spread was limited. Will stay again if on leisure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
OperaZurich, General Manager at Hotel Opera Zurich, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you very much for your comment about our Hotel Opera. We are pleased to read that you appreciated our location next to the lake and just a 10 minutes walk away from the Bahnhofstrasse and other sites. Thank you also for the comment concerning the single room. We do have different single room types and on our homepage you can easily find the right room depending on your taste and needs.

It would be great to welcome you once again in our Hotel.

Best regards

Rudolf E. Zehnder
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Located just off the lake in the centre of Zurich, this hotel is next to Bellevue so a great location for transport links and things to do. Friendly reception staff. The room I had was well appointed but tiny, and a single bed next to a wall so I woke up in the night having rolled into the wall, added to the feeling of being crammed into a small space. Limited room service menu. This is a standard business hotel with nothing remarkable about it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Opera Zurich, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to write this comment about our Hotel Opera. We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with the friendliness of our employees and with the location of our hotel in the city centre with easy access to puplic transportation. Thank you for your important comment regarding our room service menu. I will discuss with our chef to extend the offer. It is also possible to ask for menus which are not on the menu card. Our chef is always delighted to prepare the dishes for you. We would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with the size of the room. We offer different room categories from single rooms with 1 single bed or single room superior with french bed (1.4m mattress) to king or twin beds. Our reception will be delighted to assist you to find the suitable room category for you by your next booking. It would be a great honor for us if you would give us a second chance to welcome you back in our Hotel Opera to show you that we have the "certain something" which makes us more than a standard business hotel.

Oak Grove, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have traveled internationally to Zurich 3 times for work over the past year and stayed at the Opera . At the end of my second visit I left my curling iron in the room. While I didn't contact them to tell them of my loss, I just assumed that they would throw it away. Little did I know that they kept it and assumed I would be back. Just last week I returned to Zurich and on the evening of my first night visit, there in my room was the curling iron that I had left over 6 months ago. I was surprised that they kept it and also remembered me as I had not stated a single word of my loss. I appreciate the great customer service and the attention to detail this hotel affords. I'll come back time and time again, not just for the customer service but for the great location --close to the water and close to tram!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
OperaZurich, General Manager at Hotel Opera Zurich, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you very much for your really nice review about our Hotel Opera. We are delighted to hear that you appreciate our customer service and that you are happy that you got your curling iron back. Thank you also for mentioning our location only a few steps from the lake and 200m away from the train station Stadelhofen with direct link to the airport and all business districts. We are very much looking forward to your next visit in our Hotel Opera.

Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This hotel is the best location for tourists. You can walk anywhere or take the tram . If you go to the right you will find old town Zurich and if you go left you will find the lake front and parks. Our room was number 31 and had an excellent view of the Opera House (back) and down to the lake. I found the room quite large by European standards and although the balcony was small it would have been a very nice place to sit if the weather had been more co-operative. The staff is excellent and we were very appreciative that they let us in early after out long plane trip. I really enjoyed having an excellent shower. Although breakfast is not included it is only 28 francs and has a wonderful variety, but be aware some of the hot dishes are only warm.
This is a business hotel but as a tourist I have some recommendations. Take the city trolley ride (two and a half hours) and well worth it. Don't forget to go to the left for an excellent walk along the lakefront and to see the parks, museums and enjoy the outside cafes. I know this is not part of the hotel review but if you get a chance eat at Restaurant Zeughauskeller. It is an old armeray servisce. The food is fabulous and the service fast and friendly. You will need to go early or make a reservation as it fills up fast with both locals and tourists.I

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia181741
OperaZurich, General Manager at Hotel Opera Zurich, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you very much for your really nice comment about our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you were satisfied with our location in the city centre, with the size of the room and its view, and our employees. Thank you also for mentioning the value for money and the variety of our breakfast. Your tourist recommendations and especially your tip about the walk along the lakefront are very helpful to other travellers, many thanks! We would be delighted to welcome you once back with us and hope that the weather will be better at your next stay with us.

Pune, India
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at Opera from 2nd to 6th April while I was in Zurich on a business visit. I had requested an early check-in and was glad that I was given one! The proximity of Stadlehofen station was a plus for me as I took S16, direct train, from Flughafen. It is closer to Bellevue so getting into any part of Zurich was easily possible.
I was given a double bed room, which was neatly decorated. The television set was a wide screened and had a nice user interface for the tv entertainment options. The room had a stand-in balcony with two chairs.There was a complementary water bottle, but unfortunately it was the fizzy/sparkling water and they didn't have the regular distilled water.
The Coop store, Globus are nearby. There are some good restaurants in the vicinity too.
The Zurich lakeside was at walkable distance...
Overall it was a pleasant stay...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Doshakar
OperaZurich, General Manager at Hotel Opera Zurich, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your very nice and detailed comment about our Hotel Opera. We are delighted to hear that you liked our location in the city centre next to Bellevue Place, a few steps away from the lake and only 16 minutes away from the airport with the direct train S16. Further on we are happy to read that you were pleased with the accommodation of the room as well as our new large flat screen TV's and the new multi-media TV-system including free LAN and WiFi access. Concerning your comment about the sparkling water we can let you know that the tap water in Switzerland is of very high quality and is commonly being used as drinking water. We would be delighted to welcome you once back in our Hotel Opera.

Best regards from the heart of Zurich