All reviewsopera housetower fanbed and breakfastgreat locationsliding doorold townshower roomeasy walking distancenice breakfastspecial thanksyogurtstreet noisewonderful staystayed here for nightszurich lakegreat roomminute walk
Reviewed 13 March 2017

It's an up-market Bed and Breakfast. Easy walking distance from Stadelhof station, which has a direct and fast line to the airport. Near the Opera, it is well located just to the south of the old town with its character and wide range of restaurants. Arriving at 9pm everything was self-service. I checked myself in and collected the key, finding a lobby equipped with tea, coffee and biscuits. Breakfast is a cold buffet, continental style. The hotel takes a couple of floors of the block in which it is located. Whilst the common areas are quite ordinary, every part of the hotel is immaculately presented in smart, modern, minimalist style. Not actually my own taste, but impossible to fault it. Maybe the lack of any drawers in the room, or the thin seat cushions in the breakfast lobby is a minimalist step too far. But with a good sized room, wooden parquet floors, large tv, stylish shower room (no tub) you realise this is built and decorated to a very high standard indeed. The bed was very comfortable, though the single duvet was puzzlingly small. This served me very well for 2 weeks on business, but a busy guest might want an evening meal without going out, or room service etc. but if you wanted services, you wouldn't choose a B&B.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Traveller25351
Hotel-NI-MO, Inhaber at Hotel NI-MO, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Traveller from London

We truly appreciate your kind and positive review of our hotel. We are pleased to know that we have succeeded in our aim to make your stay at the NI-MO in Zurich a special experience.

Thank you very much. We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards and greetings from lovely Zurich,

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The hotel is very central and it takes under five minutes to get to the Bellevue. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance. The rooms are modern and very nice. Even though it is in the city, it is quiet.
The breakfast is great. There is everything one could desire.
The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chantalherter
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We stayed in Ni-Mo hotel the 2nd time after two years and were thrilled to see that from the previous great condition the hotel has improved even further. There have been new rooms added. We were in "Bahnhofstrasse", a great, modern and airy room with all amenities provided. The only set back of that room is that it has no balcony but then it was winter and we probably would not have used in anyway. The breakfast is absolutely fantastick in a cosy place at ground level with free access to ALL the goodies. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the location is suberb: just a few minutes from town centre and with easy access to public transport and restaurants all around. A really great small hotel.

Room Tip: The best rooms are facing the back of the hotel, facing a quiete court yard in the back
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Ni-Mo for five nights (Sun-Fri) for a work trip booked through hotels.com. Unlike other hotels.com bookings I've made, no payment was taken on booking. Instead, I was contacted a day later and told that 30% deposit payment would be taken as the overall price was over CHF500 with the balance taken on arrival.

Location was excellent. Only 20 mins from the airport (take S16 to Stadelhofen and then walk for 4 minutes or so and was handy for me going to work as trams 2 and 4 travel down towards Tiefenbrunnen along Seefeldstrasse.

Going to the third floor using perhaps the quickest small lift I've come across, I had the Bahnhofstrasse room, which overlooked the back courtyard so was fairly quiet, was large and airy, was well appointed with a large comfortable bed and huge TV and a shower only bathroom. I struggled finding the bathroom light but it was tucked away on the right hand side of the bathroom between some shelves. Toiletries smelled nice and were good quality. The room windows opened fully which I appreciate in a hotel and was nice to get some fresh air, despite the cold Zurich air. Wifi was fast.

There is not always a person at reception. If you're arriving late, ask them to provide the code to let you in. Once inside, there's a telephone number in case you need to speak to someone. A wide variety of complimentary tea (with tea pots) and coffee, still and sparkling water and biscuits/nuts is provided throughout the day. They don't mind you helping yourself to stuff and taking it up to your room. It was nice having a decent cup of tea after a days work.

There was a good breakfast spread. Bread, pastries, cheeses, hams, spreads, cereal, yoghurts, fruits etc along with juices and teas and coffees. Warm milk or eggs can be ordered.

Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout. I enjoyed my time at Hotel Ni Mo. I would definitely stay again on my next stay in Zurich.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank DMSCAD
Hotel-NI-MO, Inhaber at Hotel NI-MO, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Dear Mr. Murphy

Funny that you mention our lift.... it goes up like a rocket, right?

Thank you very much. We wish you all the best and it would be our great pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm regards and greetings from sunny Zurich,
Eva Stiefel & team
Hotel NI-MO, Zurich

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I liked clean, small hotel with everything you can possibly need. Location is superb; service is good; rooms clean; breakfast ample. They have espresso, coffee and tea 24 hours; I did not hear any noise. Overall, it was perfect small hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo