“Lovely family owned Boutique Hotel”

Romantik Hotel Europe
Ranked #16 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Just spent three days there---12/4-12/7 in Room 17. Lovely little room. Comfortable bed, small desk, nice closet to keep everything tidy. The small bathroom was perfect. The towel racks were heated--oh I do want those at home! The Staff was attentive at all times. It was nice that after I checked in the woman took me to my room. It is a nice touch because after traveling on a seven hour flight, finding my way to the train, hotel--it was nice that I did not have to think how to get to my room! Someone taking my bags and escorting me was just the thing I needed after a long journey! I was up very early one morning and went to recharge my laptop and to my horror I had brought the wrong converter. I went downstairs (4:30am) and asked the front desk man if he could help recommend a place to get one. He opened his cabinet and gave me one to borrow! Then he asked me if I would like some coffee or tea. Perfect--I thought I would have to wait until 6:30am for my coffee! Breakfast was perfect, a nice European breakfast--cheese, sausage, fruit, grains, cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. The free wifi was great. Also nice they fresh fruit and cookies in the Lobby at all times. Location is perfect. Tram just a few steps away. Easy walking to the New Town and Old Town. Loved it! Would stay here again! Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Family_Kramer, Manager at Romantik Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Justfly,

please book next time directly via our own hotel website europehotel(dot)ch in order to receive cheaper rates and the breakfast free of charge compared to online travel agents who offer higher rates and exclude the breakfast.

What an amazing review that you have written to us. Thank you very much for taking your time. We are glad that everything and especially our staff was helpful and could find a solution to everything that you needed.

We wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My husband and I spent three days in Zurich at the end of October. Our travel agent recommended this hotel so we weren't sure what to expect. However, after arriving mid evening due to long flight delays throughout Europe, we hailed a taxi to the hotel. Upon arriving, our driver's portable credit card reader wasn't working and he was adamant that he wanted to be paid in CHF, which we didn't have. The desk clerk at the hotel was extremely nice; gave me the amount immediately - even before we had checked in, so that we could pay our driver. Throughout all of our stay the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was large and quiet although the bath, while modern, was a bit small. However, the location of the hotel was excellent. You could buy tram tickets at the front desk and the tram stop was a short walk. From the hotel, you could easily walk to most of the attractions in downtown Zurich, as well as many restaurants and cafes. The lake was only a short distance away with bike and walking paths. We started each morning with breakfast at the hotel which was always had a good selection of breads, cold meats, fruit, yogurt, eggs, etc.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Family_Kramer, Manager at Romantik Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Zsuzi,

We are glad that we could help you immidiately with the issue of the taxi driver. It is very important to us to be there when needed as quickly as possible. Therefore, we are happy to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel and in Zurich.

It is true that our hotel location offers many sights within walking distance. A beautiful Christmas market will open on the 23rd of November right next to our hotel. A must see if you a planning to visit us during the winter time.

Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully see you soon again.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I was booked to stay here from 17 - 19 November but was unable to make the booking. Despite being slightly outside of their cancellation window the manager happily refunded the full cost.

If I return to Zurich I will absolutely be staying here. Incredible customer service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Family_Kramer, Manager at Romantik Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear joemc84,

As you have booked via our own website we were able to be flexible as you have not booked the non-refundable rate. We are glad that the information given by us did help you. Thank you very much for mentioning on TripAdvisor as we are a family operated hotel it does mean a lot to us what you have written.

Have a wonderful day and hopefully see you soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Great location - 2 blocks from Stadelhofen train station (train comes direct from the airport) and 1 block from the promenade along the Zurichsee. Great staff with helpful information about places to go, how to use the trains, suggestions for restaurants, etc. They are the ones that told us about the free walking tour of Zurich - which was also very good. Clean rooms, with beds turned down each night and Swiss chocolates for sweet dreams. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Family_Kramer, Manager at Romantik Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Ilalovestotravel,

"Great location & great staff" is a highly appreciated comment from you. Thank you very much! Our strength is as well recommendations for nearby sights that are always within walking distance and have a remarkable history. Hence, the free walking tour is exactly one of those tips. It is super that you could take advantage of that.

Thinking of coming back to Zurich? If yes, we are always here for any suggestions around Switzerland.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We loved our stay at Hotel Europe in Zurich. While it was very close to the train station, know that it's not the main train station in Zurich. You do have to change trains to get to this hotel.

The room was beautiful, and very spacious. For the most part it was quiet at night for sleeping - but we only kept one window open because there is a restaurant just across the street and it could get a little noisy.

The room has a very nice bathroom, but did not have a tub in case you are looking for something like you would get in the states.

Overall - we enjoyed our couple nights in this hotel and our stay in Zurich.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Family_Kramer, Manager at Romantik Hotel Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Daneen R,

Thank you for writing your comment yesterday about your personal experience at our family operated hotel. I do have a tip for you regarding the arrival to the hotel from the airport without changing any trains. You can simply take train S16 until the train station Stadelhofen and from there on you can simply walk 3 to 5 minutes and you reached our hotel directly by the opera house. The train ride does not take longer than 18 minutes and only costs CHF 6.80 per person for one-way.

If you do need any help for your next reservation at our hotel we are more than happy to explain you the very fast connection again.

Have a wonderful day.