2,313 results
All reviews apple juice m gallery old town train station swiss chalet minute walk main station superior room comfortable bed an upgrade excellent hotel buffet breakfast single room the air conditioning nespresso machine central location zurich hb
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This hotel has a lot going for it. The staff are excellent - friendly, very helpful, very professional. The location is terrific - a short easy stroll into old town and across the river to high end shopping on Bahnhofstraße. A range of restaurants are around the hotel, which is good because the room service menu is limited to pretty much only hamburgers. Very good hamburgers, but if you want something else, you’ll need to go out. I had a premium room with a view on to the street below. The room is large, a lot of space, however the bed is rather low. Given the size of the room, the bathroom is very small. It’s ok, but as a 6’1” male with broad shoulders, the shower is somewhat of an issue. The shower rose is over a bathtub, the width of which is slightly bigger than my shoulders. It makes things awkward to shower, so if you are looking for a good long shower after a hard day, this won’t do it. A smaller person would have no problem. There are no USB power points, and my older European power converter did not fit the oddly shaped, deep Swiss power points, so you’ll need a multi converter or at least a new European converter with long prongs. Bottled water is also sparse. I’ve been told water from the tap is ok, but after a horror experience in Italy, i now only drink bottled when travelling. The one complimentary bottle was sparkling (which I hate because I think it tastes like aspirin), but still is available if you ask. After a long day/flight, I just wish I didn’t have to ask. Overall a very good hotel, just needs some small attention to details to make it excellent...and a big person shower.

Room Tip: Premium rooms have a lot of space
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Prior to our departure to Zurich ,the front office staffs gave us an email with a complete direction on how to get to the hotel from the time we cleared the immigration , by using their local tram service . We arrived at Zurich International airport at 6 AM after 14 hours of long haul flight..Feeling apprehensive because in years of our traveling ,we have never taken a tram to a hotel before .Believe me the direction given by the front office staffs were so accurate, clear and precise that we arrived at the hotel without any hiccups after 20 minutes .The hotel has given us a good start and eased our anxiety...This hotel is right across of Stampfenbachplatz tram stop ..so convenient and only takes 10 minutes walk to get to the main bus & rail terminal. 5 minutes walk to the National Museum .The interior of the hotel is modern , room at we stayed was clean and decent and their breakfast spread is good.Especially enjoyed their honey comb.Their coffee is one of the best coffee that we had in Zurich .We stayed there for 3 nights and all the days the breakfast was almost the same .. Other than that everything else about the hotel was to our satisfaction.. Please do not miss out on their Apple juice at the reception area . Very refreshing and sweet ..The staffs are really helpful and polite. Please do not take cab to the hotel , it's expensive . Get direction from the front office before arriving at Zurich . We would stay in this hotel again .

Reviewed 3 October 2017

After a bad experience at the Mercure Kensington in London, we were a bit apprehensive about this hotel, but were instantly charmed by the efficient, friendly and very helpful reception staff. We were equally charmed by the big barrel of absolutely delicious courtesy apple juice and basket of crunchy apples. I'm ashamed to say that we over-indulged of both over our stay.
The hotel is very well located, within easy walking distance of he station, the river and the town center, but in a very quiet street, with several nice little restaurants and an excellent bakery within a 2 minute walk. Our room (an upgrade) was large and comfortable, but a bit dated with truly hideous art-work, not at all in keeping with the Swiss feel of the decoration. The bathroom was large and airy with great water pressure. We loved the cookies and the chocolates and all the other goodies, had one very abundant and delicious breakfast, and all in all were exteremely happy with our stay. I would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Look, this hotel had a beautiful lobby and the service was amazing. The cake upon arrival was a nice touch and the staff really adhere to every request, they're very kind. However, the rooms just were not to my taste. I didn't like the bathroom it was very old school and the whole decor felt like my grandmother's house. They let us check out late which was kind - again great service. But their rooms need an upgrade and the air con system was very archaic. We obtained the room on a sale deal - I would never pay full price. And the breakfast was about $40 extra per head - I know it's switzerland but we paid much much less elsewhere for better quality.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MGContinentalZRH, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Natalie P

Thank you for your kind compliments to our staff and your honest feedback.

We try our best to let our guests feel properly welcomed and are therefore really pleased that you were satisfied with our service. We will happily pass on your compliments to all our staff.

It is true, that our hotel is a bit old school. It is, however, soon to be completely refurbished and we would be very happy to welcome you back as soon as all the work is completed.

Kind regards