“How many times have I walked past this place, silly me.”

Dapur, indonesian plantbased restaurant
Ranked #45 of 2,160 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indonesian plantbased food. Friendly staff and beautiful ambience. Located 5 minutes walk from Oerlikon train station.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, nice atmosphere and certainly worth the wait for the main. The fried rice (three times more than boiled rice) was worth every rappen, very spicy and big portion.

I will return here!!!!

1  Thank TouristProtector

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Chanced upon this highly reviewed restaurant and decided to give it a go.

This restaurant is indeed worthy of its high ratings. An instance would be the chilli. It was not changed to suit the local taste bud like many restaurants that we visited for the adoption of local taste.

Being able to stay true to its own taste is an exemplary effort on their end. I would say that it is a place where the chef puts in that bit of effort to bring the Indonesian culture to Switzerland via its cooking. While one tuck in to their food, it would be an understatement to say that it is a vicarious experience of traveling Indonesia while eating its local cuisine. It is every penny worth the spending to have brought an authentic asian food on the table excluding the air fare. 5 thumbs up!

Many would have reviewed it's food, so I shall review on the overall ambience and service standards. Rachel was a delight to "work" with as we ordered our food. She was attentive to our needs and checking out on us when needed. She even took the initiative to ask if we needed more white rice to go with the food we ordered.

For the price we paid for such excellent food and service I am happy to say that it ended my Zurich trip with a bang. Will definitely visit them again if I am in Zurich. Give it a go and I am sure you will be back for more.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a very nice place to eat Indonesian food! The food is great, big portions, decent value. The service is a bit slow, because the food is prepared from scratch. Just know you will be there for a bit. Order some appetizers. They are good and will help pass the time! The overall quality of the meals we have had is very, very high, and we will go back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We went with a group of 10 and order many different dishes; chicken, duck, beef, vegetarian, and the were quite varied in the spices but uniformly delicious. The service was excellent and had no problems dealing with a large group on their beautiful garden patio, This is a quiet place to enjoy some terrific food.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

i visited the place last week with some colleagues, the place was full, so i recommend you to make a reservation if you intend to have a place, the service was not the fastest but the food worth the wait. I really liked it, it was spacey but not super hot. They have a menu with 3 or 4 options to choose from, one of them vegetarian