“Marvellous”

Dapur, indonesian plantbased restaurant
Ranked #39 of 2,179 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indonesian plantbased food. Friendly staff and beautiful ambience. Located 5 minutes walk from Oerlikon train station.
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

A friend of mine brought me here for my birthday. WOW! The food was just delicious and super fair prices. This place has just become my favorite restaurant in Zurich!!!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place has a wonderful atmosphere. Dimly lit by candles in the evening and nice, comfortable furniture. The staff are always polite and do a nice job explaining the menu and suggesting things. The food is all really good but we cannot go without ordering the Beef Rendang. It is fantastic! Every time we have an event in Oerlikon (Hallenstadion, etc.) we are sure to book here. Make reservations because they are always booked up! They also do a tasting menu if you order in advance. We have seen it a few times on our visits and hope to do it in the future. 11 courses so you can try a variation of things.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Wow! what an unexpected gem of restaurant to stumble upon because of my loyal TripAdvisor app 'near me now' function... I was with my girlfriend in the neighborhoods to go to a concert, and we had time for a local dinner. I thought at first "Hmm.. Indonesian cuisine in Switzerland?" We were more than pleasantly surprised! The meal was delicious from start to finish, great friendly service, and a cool atmosphere. Having worked in Singapore and travelled to Indonesia, I can attest the level of authenticity! For the famous rice table, you need to order a day in advance for CHF 89- per person, but for 11 courses. Given the large portion sizes, I cannot imagine the mountain of food over 11 courses, so prepare yourself and bring an appetite!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We were a group of seven people who visited this place for dinner. We all ordered different dishes. Unfortunately, the waitress forgot one of them so we shared the remaining dishes. They were all delicious and the food was very authentic.
The restaurant is very cozy but rather small. Make sure to book your table in advance!
Eating here is rather expensive (even for Swiss standards). The staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

This is a true gem. It is one of the few asian restaurants i know that do not cook everything in the same sauce nor use sauces with glutamat. Their meat and vegi dishes are delicious. I know it since few months after their opening in spring 2011. Still today, 5 years after, its one of my all time favourite restaurant in Switzerland. Most of the people working there are from indonesia and so is the owner and chef.
I've been to indonesia a couple of times and can vouch for it: it comes really close to the original stuff, granted that not every ingredient is available in Europe. I've talked to some indonesian people and they are in the same opinion like me.
It is a small restaurant with only about 40-50 places, so be sure to secure your reservation, especially fridays and saturdays dining times.
The restaurant also offers good menues for lunch.