“Fun, informative and best of all a great guide”
Review of Sweet Zurich Tour

and up
Small-Group Chocolate and Sweets Walking Tour of Zurich's Old Town
Ranked #6 of 44 Tours in Zurich
More attraction details
Owner description: A fun, informative and delicious way to discover Zurich's sweet scene. Kerrin of MyKugelhopf, connoisseur of desserts, confections and chocolate, lets her sweet tooth guide you around the charming old town to uncover some of the city’s most irresistible sweets. Visit shops not in guidebooks, go behind-the-scenes, meet passionate people and hear their secrets. Find out the latest sweet trend to hit Switzerland, and of course get lots of tastes along the way.
scottie in zurich
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun, informative and best of all a great guide”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

What a fab way to spend an afternoon in Zurich.

I have lived in Zurich for a few years and thought I knew it....wrong. Kerrin introduced us to dellghtful proprietors of small specialist sweet locations that I had completely missed in my years of wandering about Zurich.

Kerrin has an incredible wealth of knowledge about the history of sweets, desserts and chocolate which is shared in an interactive manner as you wander through the streets of Zurich. She has a great personality and really brings the history, the science and the art of chocolate and sweet making to life in a fun and entertaining way - to put it simply...she knows her stuff!

Our tour ended up being 3 hours not two, which whizzed past in a flash. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and Kerrin has whetted my appetite to try some of the great manufacturers discussed on the tour - I will be visiting the Felchlin shop tomorrow and will return to all of the places we stopped in!

All in all a VERY successful afternoon.

Visited September 2011
10 Thank supervallers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Like meeting a friend "in the know" who shares her top sweet hideaways in Zurich”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

In the lovely September sun we took a stroll through beautiful Zurich, while Kerrin took us around to a few of her favorite places for delicate sweets. She created a very friendly atmosphere and informed us about the history of chocolate in Switzerland in a fun and exciting way, sharing personal anecdotes and made us share too. The places we visited were very varied I think she saved the best for last! I will definitely take friends to these places afterwards and go there for buying gifts and presents! If you are into sweets and want to make sure you go to select places - I strongly recommend this tour!

Visited September 2011
5 Thank annicason
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Down to earth Zurich guide.”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I really enjoyed the chocolate tour with Kerrin. She is fun, down-to-earth, and knowledgable about her chocolate--as well as Zurich. We met with shop owners and tasted all sorts of different treats that I normally would not have known existed. It was great to be able to bring home the 'real' stuff.

One of the best parts of the tour was Kerrin's willingness to detour based on our interests (we had a private group). Along the tour, Kerrin was happy to take us into anything that caught our eye including unique grocery stores, olive oil stores, etc, which added a nice dimension.

Highly recommendable and will be a great addition to any trip for foodies.

Visited July 2011
5 Thank lynzeb
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Toured in April and still thinking about it!”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We had one afternoon in Zurich at the end of a two week business/pleasure trip. As a rule we do not take guided tours but Kerrin's energy made it worth every minute. Upon our return to Maryland we had a dinner party with a chocolate tasting for dessert. It was also fun that I lived in Durham NC for a time and she is a Duke grad. Next trip will plan on exploring Zurich using what we learned on this fun and interesting tour.

5 Thank Ewmorningstar
Bad Zurzach, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Great atmosphere, intriguing stories and charming streets. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2011