1,233 results
All reviews spa wing art collection new wing high tech amazing spa indoor pool remote control junior suite amazing hotel concierge service main building favorite hotel modern rooms zurich lake the hotel offers baur au lac business trip
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We went up with the Dolderbahn for a coffee in the lobby of the Dolder Grand. The coffee was excellent and service impeccable. More strikingly, we found out the hotel is a veritable top notch museum of modern art! The centerpiece is a genuine 11 meter wide Andy Warhol above the front desk. But also a genuine installation by Jean Tinguely in the lobby! And reputedly soms 100 more top pieces by Botero, Nikki de St Phalle, etc. The glorious new wings around the old castle designed by Norman Foster in a major renovation between 2004-2008. Outstanding!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I arrived to the hotel pretty late and very tired after some meetings, but the friendly lady at the reception still had a warmhearted smile upon check-in. She even offered me a beautiful upgrade to a spacious junior suite on a higher floor with a great panoramic view over the entire city. An elegant selection of chocolates and fruits had been carefully prepared, the bath room was so spacious and impressive in terms of design and materials! The morning after I was received again with a big smile at the breakfast area, where colourful straw and raspberries were generously offered amongst the buffet. I had to leave early, but the spa seems to be a great venue to let your hair down. Certainly a hotel to return!

Room Tip: junior suites in the spa wing third floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TomAs352
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were treated like queens from the minute we arrived - they even accidentally put her name down as her majesty which we couldn't stop laughing at! The hotel is so beautiful and set in a picturesque location looking over the city (which resembles a village more than a city). The highlight for me was the gorgeous and peaceful spa.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Was guest of a client at this hotel. It is mix of early 20th century and 21st century. A lot of the decor from the original building has been sympathetically preserved and intermingled you find some amazing artworks. The modern wing is most definitely 21st century relying on technology for pretty much everything in the rooms which are comfortable and spacious.

The restaurant where we dined gave great views across Zürich and its lake which only enhanced the quality of the dining experience. As you would expect from a hotel of this quality the menu was varied and the quality and presentation of the food was first rate as was the service.

I would certainly stay here if I was visiting Switzerland. It is only 10-15 minutes from central Zürich and is set in park. If you are up to short walk there is a funicular railway nearby to carry you to and from the city.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 586ianf
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for a night with my wife. The hotel itself is very nice, beautiful view on the lake and the golf Parc. Staff was very friendly and kind - we definitely enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple