All reviews butcher shop shared bathroom single room hauptbahnhof city tram
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First of all, people complaining about the noise coming from the restaurant are kinda funny: you should know that if you are staying in a room over a pub, you should expect some noise. Although, it really wasn't that bad. The place is super charming and comfy. They clean the whole place every morning. You get a nice bathroom with shower + bath to yourself (wich is pretty nice if you're coming from hostels!). Good windows so you don't hear the noise coming from the street. And the restaurant downstairs is actually very cool. The location isn't ideal (30 min walk from the city center) but there is a bunch of bus/trams that you can take. We took the bus 32 right in front to go hiking the Uetliberg and we were there in 20 minutes. They also have parking (15chf/day), but it's pretty frustrating to get you car in it (one ways, can't turn left, etc... so if you don't know the area it can be a pain). This city can be really confusing by car. But I would probably go back there if I return to Zürich.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mc_1990
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great little place. It's in a quiet residential area, a few minutes from the main train station and easily accessible from several tram routes. Very clean (I checked everywhere) and cute room. The noise from the pub wasn't too bad, and I travel with ear plugs regardless. The staff/owners are very friendlyand helped me with a few things to do in the area and seeking out vegetarian restaurants. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfasts in the pub/coffee shop downstairs are great!

Room Tip: choose from the photos online ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Clean with accessable bathrooms on floor. Some people may complain about noise but we were perfectly aware that it were rooms above a pub before booking and in fact enjoyed the liveliness of the place. Sound proof windows elimated all sound/noise but an Airconditioner would be welcomed especially in summer. Close to Bus & Tram station and only 10 min. from main city centre. If you travel on budget dont look further !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan-Lorine-VanZyl
Reviewed 31 October 2012

A really nice and cosy place with fantastic personel. Quite close to the main station although in a quiet and relaxing location (according to us.)

People complaining about sounds should try Langstrasse/Helvetiaplatz instead and see what noisy really is :)

Nothing more to say, really nice place for a good price in Zurich.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Pflumli (spelling?) and it was perfect for a couple. All rooms looked nice though.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvapolo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I booked one night here during a one-day layover during a trip from the states to Italy based on the recmendations in one of the travel books we picked up at Barnes & Noble.
It is now 3:30 am as we write this unable to sleep because of the noise coming from the first floor. When they closed the bar at midnight about a dozen partiers hung out in the street for a while which is to be expected. What we didn't expect is that it would become even more noisy in the bar after closing.
The staff here has noisely rearranged the furniture for three and a half hours now with no consideration for the guests in their own boarding house. It is just incredible to the point of comical if we weren't so exhausted from our eleven-hour flight. I can't imagine what they're doing down there. For a while I was thinking of a single note from a tuba over and over again. My wife thinks its stools, chairs, and tables skidding along the floor. Whatever it is its ridiculous as is their sterio which is getting louder and louder. Apparently, hotels here in Zurich are very expensive. But, right now I would gladly double the US $123 we paid just to have a bit of quiet. It is quite obvious to us that the reviewer who we read before booking had never stayed here.

• Stayed: January 2012