I spent one night in the grand hotel Suisse majestic at the end of February. I booked deluxe room with lake view on booking.com for euro 145....worth noting that half of the hotel rooms can see the lake....the deluxe room...room 402...is small with no carpet and creaks when you walk on it.....a/c doesn't work....room too hot with patio door closed too cold with it open....the staff were excellent though....all requests were politely and efficiently dealt with....I looked for a sandwich the night I stayed but they could nt supply any... Instead I had tapas from the bar for chf 12, which for the amount I get I thought was very expensive....I wanted room service but there was no menu in the room....simple things that make stays worthwhile were lacking I felt although some others were very good....the location of the hotel across from the train station is its best selling point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Fastbooking so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand