Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 232
US$ 215
  • Pool
Starling Hotel Lausanne(Saint Sulpice)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
US$ 133
  • Restaurant
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 89
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

US$ 212
US$ 162
  • Restaurant
ibis Lausanne Crissier(Crissier)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
Hotel Aulac(Lausanne)
US$ 119
US$ 109
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 149/night.

Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 349
US$ 298
  • Breakfast included
1,375 results
All reviewsbeau rivageanne sophie piclake genevabest hotels in the worldfour seasonsbathroom mirrormichelin starlake viewstunning hotelluxury hoteloutdoor poollac lemanspa treatmentsimpeccable serviceolympic museummodern amenitiesjunior suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night. As I was arriving from a red-eye flight I thought I spend the extra and get to hang out by the pool for the afternoon. And nice pool it is. While the service is very good you have to adjust for the Swiss peculiarities. I received a pre-arrival email querying my arrival time. I was expecting to arrive at 2pm. I received a prompt response the arrival time was noted, but official check in time is at 3pm. Sure, I get this, but if you reword the message saying we'll do our utmost to have your room ready at the noted time, but it is always not possible etc etc the perception is very different. The pool side service was not comparable what you would expect elsewhere at a 5 star hotel. Towels were there, but I had to set up the lounger myself. An elderly gentleman was trying to open the umbrella, and there was attempt to come and help him although he was clearly having problems. As I settled down no one came to ask whether I wanted something to drink / eat. The pool boy made no attempt to greet new guests. I had to walk over to the bar to order lunch and drinks. Is all this end of the world, no but you are paying >$500 a night to stay here and those are quite standard things to expect at a five star hotel. The sauna facilities were nice, though quite small. The room I had was very nice with a large terrace. Bathroom was quite spacious, though the actual room was on the smaller side. One thing I do not get is how come they don't have luggage stands? To keep your suitcase on the floor is very impractical. Breakfast is very expensive (Sfr30 for coffee and croissants). I did not have the time, but there used to a bakery just outside the hotel on the main road. I will definitely return if I want to use the nice pool facilities. Otherwise I'll go next door, that's under same management.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Beau-Rivage Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JAJK66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your last experience in our hotel.

We totally understand your disappointment and do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you mention in your comments.

In order to meet our guests’ expectations during the summer, please kindly note that we have completed our service team around the swimming pool area since your last stay.

Our Rooms Division Director, Mr. Benjamin Chemoul, will be delighted to welcome you upon your next visit.

Please contact him directly to make your reservation.

We truly look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Beau-Rivage Palace!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first trip to Lausanne, a scenic town not too far from Geneva and I decided on the Beau-Rivage Palace hotel. This historic hotel has more than a 100 years history, dating back to 1861. It’s also the site of several important historic events, the most famous being the treaty of Lausanne in 1923.

Arrival

I arrived by taxi from Lausanne train station. The Beau-Rivage impresses even upon the entrance. On arrival, my bags were unloaded and I was escorted for check-in. The hotel sits at the edge of Lake Lemar and the views of the lake were throughout the hotel. I was escorted to my room by the friendly staff.

The Room

I booked an entry level superior room with lake view and the room comes with a balcony, and is located at the top floor. It’s nicely decorated, although much smaller than what I am normally used to at only 35sqm. Nevertheless, it was cosy and well appointed. It also comes with a balcony, complete with table and seating and stunning panoramic views of the lake.

The bed was comfortable, with high quality linens, but it’s actually two single bed push together to form a King size bed. Internet is free and very fast, and easy to connect. The room doesn’t comes with a coffee machine, but a phone call fix that immediately.

The only complaint I got about the room was the lack of a walk-in shower. Instead, it’s a shower / tub combination and the water pressure was not adequate.

Common Areas and Location

The hotel enjoys the prime location of Lake Leman with it’s many shops and restaurants in the vincity. It’s very nice to just stroll along the lake and soak in the view.

This is a large hotel with many choices of bars and F&B outlets, and mostly are of very high standard. I tried the seafood restaurant which was great and also their fine dinning establishment Anne Sophie PLC. The food at the latter was not bad but a bit too expensive for the price. I also enjoyed the atmosphere at the bar and tried a strong local beer. The café restaurant was rather disappointing, expensive and not very good quality.

The hotel boasts several very beautiful ballrooms, with large crystal chandeliers, ideal for events. Around the hotel at the exterior are many well maintained gardens, with benches for guests to sit around and relax.

The most impressive part of the hotel for me is definitely the Terrace Restaurant where morning breakfast was served. A beautiful Art Deco style dinning room with soaring high ceiling, it's very comfortable and beautiful. The breakfast spread was impressive, using the freshest of ingredients. Many home made pasteries and jams as well. The best of the bunch was the pancake with home made maple syrup and chocolate sauce, simply divine. I loved it so much I ate three of them.

I believed there is also a gym and large spa but I did not have time to visit.

The subway station to access the city centre is just 5 mins walking away and from there, one can reach the city centre within 8 mins. The centre of Lausane is where the main shopping district is as well as the location of the musuems and the cathedral. However, I find it to be rather dull, and the restaurants a bit run down. I did went to the next door Olympic museum, which can be access from the hotel thru a special gate. The museum was interesting as it uses an exciting multimedia presentation to tell the story and history of the Olympic games. It’s well worth a visit.

Service in the hotel was excellent. Almost any request was answered instantly, literally minutes after putting down my phone, someone will ring the bell with the items I requested. The coffee facility I requested was missing from my room when I checked in but upon calling, one was brought to my room immediately, complete with Nepresso coffee machine and a large selection of coffee granules. Now, that’s impressive. Staff were universally polite and always greet me with a smile.

Conclusion

The Beau-Kirage is a very fine hotel. It’s history, wide open spaces, vast selection of F&B and lake side location means it’s nearly a destination in itself. Which is great because the other parts of the city was rather boring, save the Olympic museum. Highly recommended with a rating of 4/5.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the lake
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Beau-Rivage Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear BENLEE123,

Thank you so much for your detailed comments about the property and the Region!

I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne, at the Beau-Rivage Palace

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about this hotel is great. The rooms are spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. The hotel is exceptional, the gardens beautifully tended to. The best part about the hotel though is the staff. Everyone was so proactive in making sure that we enjoyed our time there and went above and beyond to ensure it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Erika f,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, which I will share with the team straight away!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I spent three nights here this past week. We arrived mid morning and were promptly welcomed at the registration desk. We were given a room upgrade (due to our United status and and reserving through the Luxury Hotel Collection. Our room was not ready but we were told it would just be a few minutes - well worth the wait. The young lady at the desk gave us a quick tour of the lobby area and took us to our room directly. It was a junior suite with a wonderful view over Lake Geneva with a small balcony, lovely living room area and the grandest bathroom - two separate sink areas and a jacuzzi tub for two. We were thrilled with the accommodations, the service and all of the staff. We had breakfast included and the staff in the dining room room were helpful, friendly and welcoming each morning. Wonderful omelettes to order and great croissants! The bar was also very nice and the drinks very well prepared although a bit pricey. We really preferred the location on the water rather than staying up in the Old Town. We were able to take the metro up to the old city for dinners very conveniently from the Ouchy station. If we are lucky enough to visit Lausanne again, we will certainly select the Beau Rivage for our stay - we had a very memorable visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear MJB,

I am delighted that you had such a great experience and I thank you so much for your nice feedbacks.

I shall share your comments with our team. It is so precious!

We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

In every dimension! A friend said: “It comes close to my idea of paradise.” I can’t find a better way to describe the performance of the Beau Rivage. We are looking forward to come back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank Antje K
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Beau-Rivage Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Antje K,

Thanks so much for your nice comments.

Your paradise is looking forward to welcoming you back.