All reviews model railway glass floor train station breakfast room travel card early train themed hotel turn left tiny bathroom stayed for one night tea and coffee free transport card a couple of minutes walk main station twin room location was perfect cold meats
Reviewed 1 June 2017

For me this was the perfect place to spend a couple of days on family business. I arrived at Lausanne Station at 13.15 and had to be at a funeral in Chailly at 14.00. So I walked quickly to the Hotel (this takes genuinely 5 minutes) and gave the receptionist my name, my suitcase and the promise to check in later; In return he filled in the Laúsanne Transport Card for me and I walked to the Metro stop the other side of the Station (about 6 minutes) and took public Transport to the church, getting there in plenty of time. This was so efficient, and meant so much to me, so full marks to the receptionist!
The room was well-appointed and the breakfast next day was very good. I liked the way you could make your own pot of tea. Good choice of food. Interesting decor and of course very original glass floor over a model railway.
Location, location, location, this was really true here. It made my stay so easy, as I had to travel around Lausanne on the other days. The Travel Card is sooo convenient (other hotels give it you, too.)
There are two reasions I don't give the full rating, though. There was no written explanation about where to find an English-speaking TV station, just an out-of-date list (which I handed back to a different receptionist after she had told me where I could find my English channels). Secondly I would have enjoyed seeeing the model train in action. There was no information anywhere about if and when it is set in motion. I would have brought a little boy from another hotel to see it! Is this just a gimmick or does the train actually work?

Room Tip: Mein Zimmer war im EG und zeigte in eine kleine Gasse direkt unterhalb des Bahnhofs, aber mir gefiel es
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Hotelsetpatrimoine, Gérant at Hotel AlaGare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Bennett,

Thank you for having taken the time to rate our hotel on Internet. We mostly appreciate it.

I will forward your comments to my team, who does its best to make your stay a comfortable and easy one.

It is very important for us that our client feel at home during his stay in our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive satisfactory explanations how to get english TV channels and I will look personally on to it. Also it is a shame that you did not have the chance to see our model train in action. Next time please ask my team to call me and I will make sure that you see our model train in action.

While hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again in hotel AlaGare or in another hotel of Hôtels et Patrimoine,

Kindest regards

Nicolas Vainchtock

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Very nice swiss-style hotel. The location is perfect, the staff is very kind and helpfull to every need. The room had everything we needed, also a boiler for water, with tea and coffee to make.The breakfast is fantastic, the breakfast rooms is very nice and the buffet very rich. Higly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Fabrizio,

All of the Hotels et Patrimoine's hotels are developped around a theme, which is used in the decoration. Our guests experience a new, entertaining and relaxing environment in addition to the traditional hotel services.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Located close to Lausanne train station. Easy to commute. Lots of restaurants around the hotel. Staff was welcoming. I requested for a quite room and I got one. Room was spacious. Breakfast was good. I will definitely stay here again.

The shelf above the sink in the bathroom was a bit too low. I banged my head every time I had to wash my face :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Nauman,

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Very convenient to Lausanne train station. Very friendly and welcoming staff. The room was small but comfortable. The excellent breakfast was served in a train station themed room. Some soundproofing would improve what is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing front of hotel, away from train station.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sir or dear Madam,

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Very near to Lausanne station and close to 2 metro stops this is a very handy place if you're passing through.

Quite quiet - considering the proximity to the station!

Fab model railway under glass that entertains you while you eat the generous, continental breakfast.

Rooms are clean and beds comfy, though there's not much space!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sir or dear Madam

Although our standard bedrooms are not very large they provide all confort of a 3 star hotel and a 5 star quality of beds.